Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Willis

Default Tahoma font

Is it possible to install the Tahoma font into v.7.10 so that my e-Sword
will have a font to use?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Eberhard Roloff

Willis wrote:
> Is it possible to install the Tahoma font into v.7.10 so that my e-Sword
> will have a font to use?

sure
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/
will give you some idea about MS Fonts usage with Linux.

Here you'll find the fonts:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34153&release_id=105355

As e-sword imho is a windows applciation, I am assuming that you are
using it under wine.

In order to install the tahoma font for wine, download wd97vwr32.exe and
execute it like this
"wine wd97vwr32.exe"

Actually this installs Microsoft WordViewer 97, which is freely
distributable.

By chance the Tahoma font is included there. So you do not need a
windows license when you use wordviewer to install the included font.

The other fonts that you can download from there are also worthwhile to
have and useable without the need to have a windows license.

kind regards
Eberhard

Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 PM
NoOp

On 11/30/2007 03:38 AM, Eberhard Roloff wrote:

> In order to install the tahoma font for wine, download wd97vwr32.exe and
> execute it like this
> "wine wd97vwr32.exe"
>
> Actually this installs Microsoft WordViewer 97, which is freely
> distributable.
>
> By chance the Tahoma font is included there. So you do not need a
> windows license when you use wordviewer to install the included font.

Cool suggestion, thanks for that!