Old 05-16-2008, 09:28 PM
"yueyu lin"

Default I hope Ubuntu could get more support for commercial software support

Especially for a lot of development tools support. For an example, the embedded devices development such as mobile phones including symbian/j2me/RIM/iphone,etc.
There's no problem on the server side development. When it comes to the device wide, it's difficult or impossible to develop. Since J2ME is so-called "cross-platform", there's no simulator or emulator for Linux.

If Ubuntu can work with RIM/Apple/Nokia/Moto/LG to bring all development tools from Windows to Ubuntu, I believe a lot client side developers will choose Ubuntu.
Personally, I'm using Ubuntu except when I have to develop and debug the devices. I really hope I could do everything in Ubuntu. I hope it would not be a very faraway future.

Yueyu Lin