Old 05-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Chris Cohen

Default cpufrequtils on xen

Hi *,

just installed cpufrequtils on 2.6.24-17-xen on hardy to scale the
frequency of an amd be-2350.
I modprobed powernow-k8, cpufreq_ondemand and cpuid.
But as soon as I load them the frequency goes down to 800MHz and doesnt
increase under load. Cpufreq-info says the frequency should be within
1000 - 2100MHz:

cpufrequtils 002: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
Report errors and bugs to linux@brodo.de, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
driver: powernow-k8
CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0
hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 2.10 GHz
available frequency steps: 2.10 GHz, 2.00 GHz, 1.80 GHz, 1000 MHz
available cpufreq governors: userspace, ondemand, performance
current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 2.10 GHz.
The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
within this range.
current CPU frequency is 800 MHz.
analyzing CPU 1:
driver: powernow-k8
CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 1
hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 2.10 GHz
available frequency steps: 2.10 GHz, 2.00 GHz, 1.80 GHz, 1000 MHz
available cpufreq governors: userspace, ondemand, performance
current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 2.10 GHz.
The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
within this range.
current CPU frequency is 800 MHz.

Whats wrong?

--
Thanks
Chris

Old 05-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Chris Cohen

It seems to be a problem with the xen kernel and/or cpufrequtils.
Just booted grml livecd and cpufreq scaling using the ondemand governor
worked perfect!

What can I do now?

Old 05-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Chris Cohen