Old 11-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Caleb Marcus

Default Downloaded Files

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 12:12 +0600, Angel wrote:

When I going to install new software from Applications>Add/Remove
Applications,and after selecting the package,when the download starts,it
shows the massage ¨The package files will be cached locally for
installation¨.
Can any one tell me,where this files are downloading?i mean,in which
location?i want to copy those in other places.then later i can install
the software without internet connection.
Can any one know the location?

/var/cache/apt/archives/

Although you can just download them from http://packages.ubuntu.com if you want.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Angel

Thanks. it worked .

Old 11-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Nils Kassube

Angel wrote:
> When I going to install new software from Applications>Add/Remove
> Applications,and after selecting the package,when the download
> starts,it shows the massage ¨The package files will be cached locally
> for installation¨.
> Can any one tell me,where this files are downloading?i mean,in which
> location?i want to copy those in other places.then later i can install
> the software without internet connection.
> Can any one know the location?

They are in the /var/cache/apt/archives directory.

Nils

Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 AM
"Felipe Figueiredo"

On Nov 30, 2007 4:12 AM, Angel <angelsapocalypse@gmail.com> wrote:

>then later i can install
> the software without internet connection.

Check out the program aptoncd, it might be useful. It's in universe.