Old 05-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Why so big?

I loaded this Ubuntu system with a Live CD which was close to 700
MBytes. It has been updated a lot and is the Gutsy version. I was just
checking and the hard drive has

6,796,024,000 Bytes now! It is getting bigger every day. I wonder if
it will end?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 05-16-2008, 12:06 AM
DigitalPig

Karl> I loaded this Ubuntu system with a Live CD which was close
Karl> to 700 MBytes. It has been updated a lot and is the Gutsy
Karl> version. I was just checking and the hard drive has

Karl> 6,796,024,000 Bytes now! It is getting bigger every day. I
Karl> wonder if it will end?

Karl> Karl

Karl. Please check the /var/log. You can delete some logs to release
some disk space.

--
DigitalPig
E-mail: digitalpiglee AT gmail DOT com

*Fudan University Macromoleculer Science Forum*
http://fudanmacro.com

Old 05-16-2008, 12:11 AM
steve