Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Joakim Karlsson

Default Turn off autorun on dvd's

Hi!
How do you turn off autorun of dvd's so it doesn't start the movie
player? I looked under 'removable drivers and media' but can't find any
options there. I got it to work under Ubuntu 7.10 but after a fresh
install of 8.04 I can't get it to work.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:40 AM
PleegWat

Joakim Karlsson wrote:
> Hi!
> How do you turn off autorun of dvd's so it doesn't start the movie
> player? I looked under 'removable drivers and media' but can't find any
> options there. I got it to work under Ubuntu 7.10 but after a fresh
> install of 8.04 I can't get it to work.

Preferences > File Management > Media tab

Took me quite some searching last week too.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Phil Sexton

PleegWat wrote:

> Preferences > File Management > Media tab
>
> Took me quite some searching last week too.

That isn't in my menu. Would you know how to get it?

--
Phil Sexton: http://www.myspace.com/philsexton
Praise Whistlers Abroad: http://praisewhistlers.org/

Old 05-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Steve Cook

Phil Sexton wrote:
> PleegWat wrote:
>

>> Preferences > File Management > Media tab
>>
>> Took me quite some searching last week too.
>>

> That isn't in my menu. Would you know how to get it?

System => Preferences => File Management => Media

Steve

Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Vincent Trouilliez

> PleegWat wrote:
>
> > Preferences > File Management > Media tab
> > Took me quite some searching last week too.
>
> That isn't in my menu. Would you know how to get it?

Wasn't in mind either. Had to start menu editor (right-click on the
menu and select "Menu editor"). The "File Management" item was indeed
there... just not enabled/visible. So just check it and off you go.

I often have this problem when I upgrade to a newer version of Ubuntu
(missing menu entries), despite I alwqys do a clean install (no
in-situ upgrades). I think the problem comes from me re-using my /home
partition. The menu editor must have troubles figuring out how to merge
the new entries coming from the new Ubuntu release, with my
existing/old menu customizations. Something like that ;-)
Other folks would just say that the menu editor just sucks/isn't
reliable, I have read that too I think ;-)

HTH

--
Vince

Old 05-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Leif Gregory

On Fri, 16 May 2008 21:10:11 +0100
Steve Cook <yorvik.ubunto@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > That isn't in my menu. Would you know how to get it?
> >
> System => Preferences => File Management => Media

I'm with Phil. I don't have it either.

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry: http://powerwagonregistry.org

Fri May 16 23:30:01 2008
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 00:18:37 +0400
From: =?UTF-8?B?0KfQuNC90LDRgNC10LIg0JLQsNGB0LjQu9C40Lk=?=
<vasa@dubki.ru>
To: arch-general@archlinux.org
Subject: [arch-general] Xorg fails to start: no screens found
Sender: arch-general-bounces@archlinux.org

--------------070007030701080601070803

Hello everyone :-)

I installed Arch on VirtualBox and now am trying to make xorg work. What
I did:

pacman -S xorg
pacman -S nvidia
nvidia-xconfig
startx

But xorg fails with

(II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver 169.12 Thu Feb 14 17:55:38 PST 2008
(II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:02:0
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Help! :-)

--------------070007030701080601070803

IyBudmlkaWEteGNvbmZpZzogWCBjb25maWd1cmF0aW9uIGZpbG UgZ2VuZXJhdGVkIGJ5IG52
aWRpYS14Y29uZmlnDQojIG52aWRpYS14Y29uZmlnOiAgdmVyc2 lvbiAxLjAgIChidWlsZG1l
aXN0ZXJAYnVpbGRlcjMpICBUaHUgRmViIDE0IDE4OjIwOjM3IF BTVCAyMDA4DQoNCg0KU2Vj
dGlvbiAiU2VydmVyTGF5b3V0Ig0KICAgIElkZW50aWZpZXIgIC AgICJMYXlvdXQwIg0KICAg
IFNjcmVlbiAgICAgIDAgICJTY3JlZW4wIiAwIDANCiAgICBJbn B1dERldmljZSAgICAiS2V5
Ym9hcmQwIiAiQ29yZUtleWJvYXJkIg0KICAgIElucHV0RGV2aW NlICAgICJNb3VzZTAiICJD
b3JlUG9pbnRlciINCkVuZFNlY3Rpb24NCg0KU2VjdGlvbiAiRm lsZXMiDQogICAgUmdiUGF0
aCAgICAgICAgICIvdXNyL2xpYi9YMTEvcmdiIg0KRW5kU2VjdG lvbg0KDQpTZWN0aW9uICJN
b2R1bGUiDQogICAgTG9hZCAgICAgICAgICAgImRiZSINCiAgIC BMb2FkICAgICAgICAgICAi
ZXh0bW9kIg0KIyAgICBMb2FkICAgICAgICAgICAidHlwZTEiDQ ogICAgTG9hZCAgICAgICAg
ICAgImZyZWV0eXBlIg0KICAgIExvYWQgICAgICAgICAgICJnbH giDQpFbmRTZWN0aW9uDQoN
ClNlY3Rpb24gIklucHV0RGV2aWNlIg0KDQogICAgIyBnZW5lcm F0ZWQgZnJvbSBkZWZhdWx0
DQogICAgSWRlbnRpZmllciAgICAgIk1vdXNlMCINCiAgICBEcm l2ZXIgICAgICAgICAibW91
c2UiDQogICAgT3B0aW9uICAgICAgICAgIlByb3RvY29sIiAiYX V0byINCiAgICBPcHRpb24g
ICAgICAgICAiRGV2aWNlIiAiL2Rldi9wc2F1eCINCiAgICBPcH Rpb24gICAgICAgICAiRW11
bGF0ZTNCdXR0b25zIiAibm8iDQogICAgT3B0aW9uICAgICAgIC AgIlpBeGlzTWFwcGluZyIg
IjQgNSINCkVuZFNlY3Rpb24NCg0KU2VjdGlvbiAiSW5wdXREZX ZpY2UiDQoNCiAgICAjIGdl
bmVyYXRlZCBmcm9tIGRlZmF1bHQNCiAgICBJZGVudGlmaWVyIC AgICAiS2V5Ym9hcmQwIg0K
ICAgIERyaXZlciAgICAgICAgICJrZXlib2FyZCINCkVuZFNlY3 Rpb24NCg0KU2VjdGlvbiAi
TW9uaXRvciINCiAgICBJZGVudGlmaWVyICAgICAiTW9uaXRvcj AiDQogICAgVmVuZG9yTmFt
ZSAgICAgIlVua25vd24iDQogICAgTW9kZWxOYW1lICAgICAgIl Vua25vd24iDQogICAgSG9y
aXpTeW5jICAgICAgIDMwLjAgLSAxMTAuMA0KICAgIFZlcnRSZW ZyZXNoICAgICA1MC4wIC0g
MTUwLjANCiAgICBPcHRpb24gICAgICAgICAiRFBNUyINCkVuZF NlY3Rpb24NCg0KU2VjdGlv
biAiRGV2aWNlIg0KICAgIElkZW50aWZpZXIgICAgICJEZXZpY2 UwIg0KICAgIERyaXZlciAg
ICAgICAgICJudmlkaWEiDQogICAgVmVuZG9yTmFtZSAgICAgIk 5WSURJQSBDb3Jwb3JhdGlv
biINCkVuZFNlY3Rpb24NCg0KU2VjdGlvbiAiU2NyZWVuIg0KIC AgIElkZW50aWZpZXIgICAg
ICJTY3JlZW4wIg0KICAgIERldmljZSAgICAgICAgICJEZXZpY2 UwIg0KICAgIE1vbml0b3Ig
ICAgICAgICJNb25pdG9yMCINCiAgICBEZWZhdWx0RGVwdGggIC AgMjQNCiAgICBTdWJTZWN0
aW9uICAgICAiRGlzcGxheSINCiAgICAgICAgRGVwdGggICAgIC AgMjQNCiAgICBFbmRTdWJT
ZWN0aW9uDQpFbmRTZWN0aW9uDQoNClNlY3Rpb24gIkV4dGVuc2 lvbnMiDQogICAgT3B0aW9u
ICAgICAgICAgIkNvbXBvc2l0ZSIgIkVuYWJsZSINCkVuZFNlY3 Rpb24NCg0K
--------------070007030701080601070803

DQpUaGlzIGlzIGEgcHJlLXJlbGVhc2UgdmVyc2lvbiBvZiB0aG UgWCBzZXJ2ZXIgZnJvbSBU
aGUgWC5PcmcgRm91bmRhdGlvbi4NCkl0IGlzIG5vdCBzdXBwb3 J0ZWQgaW4gYW55IHdheS4N
CkJ1Z3MgbWF5IGJlIGZpbGVkIGluIHRoZSBidWd6aWxsYSBhdC BodHRwOi8vYnVncy5mcmVl
ZGVza3RvcC5vcmcvLg0KU2VsZWN0IHRoZSAieG9yZyIgcHJvZH VjdCBmb3IgYnVncyB5b3Ug
ZmluZCBpbiB0aGlzIHJlbGVhc2UuDQpCZWZvcmUgcmVwb3J0aW 5nIGJ1Z3MgaW4gcHJlLXJl
bGVhc2UgdmVyc2lvbnMgcGxlYXNlIGNoZWNrIHRoZQ0KbGF0ZX N0IHZlcnNpb24gaW4gdGhl
IFguT3JnIEZvdW5kYXRpb24gZ2l0IHJlcG9zaXRvcnkuDQpTZW UgaHR0cDovL3dpa2kueC5v
cmcvd2lraS9HaXRQYWdlIGZvciBnaXQgYWNjZXNzIGluc3RydW N0aW9ucy4NCg0KWC5Pcmcg
WCBTZXJ2ZXIgMS40LjAuOTANClJlbGVhc2UgRGF0ZTogNSBTZX B0ZW1iZXIgMjAwNw0KWCBQ
cm90b2NvbCBWZXJzaW9uIDExLCBSZXZpc2lvbiAwDQpCdWlsZC BPcGVyYXRpbmcgU3lzdGVt
OiBMaW51eCAyLjYuMjQtQVJDSCBpNjg2IA0KQ3VycmVudCBPcG VyYXRpbmcgU3lzdGVtOiBM
aW51eCB2YXNhIDIuNi4yNC1BUkNIICMxIFNNUCBQUkVFTVBUIF N1biBNYXIgMzAgMTE6NDA6
MDYgQ0VTVCAyMDA4IGk2ODYNCkJ1aWxkIERhdGU6IDIzIE1hcm NoIDIwMDggIDExOjUzOjA5
QU0NCiANCglCZWZvcmUgcmVwb3J0aW5nIHByb2JsZW1zLCBjaG VjayBodHRwOi8vd2lraS54
Lm9yZw0KCXRvIG1ha2Ugc3VyZSB0aGF0IHlvdSBoYXZlIHRoZS BsYXRlc3QgdmVyc2lvbi4N
Ck1vZHVsZSBMb2FkZXIgcHJlc2VudA0KTWFya2VyczogKC0tKS Bwcm9iZWQsICgqKikgZnJv
bSBjb25maWcgZmlsZSwgKD09KSBkZWZhdWx0IHNldHRpbmcsDQ oJKCsrKSBmcm9tIGNvbW1h
bmQgbGluZSwgKCEhKSBub3RpY2UsIChJSSkgaW5mb3JtYXRpb2 5hbCwNCgkoV1cpIHdhcm5p
bmcsIChFRSkgZXJyb3IsIChOSSkgbm90IGltcGxlbWVudGVkLC AoPz8pIHVua25vd24uDQoo
PT0pIExvZyBmaWxlOiAiL3Zhci9sb2cvWG9yZy4wLmxvZyIsIF RpbWU6IEZyaSBNYXkgMTYg
MjA6NTg6MDYgMjAwOA0KKD09KSBVc2luZyBjb25maWcgZmlsZT ogIi9ldGMvWDExL1hGODZD
b25maWciDQooPT0pIFNlcnZlckxheW91dCAiTGF5b3V0MCINCi gqKikgfC0tPlNjcmVlbiAi
U2NyZWVuMCIgKDApDQooKiopIHwgICB8LS0+TW9uaXRvciAiTW 9uaXRvcjAiDQooKiopIHwg
ICB8LS0+RGV2aWNlICJEZXZpY2UwIg0KKCoqKSB8LS0+SW5wdX QgRGV2aWNlICJLZXlib2Fy
ZDAiDQooKiopIHwtLT5JbnB1dCBEZXZpY2UgIk1vdXNlMCINCi g9PSkgQXV0b21hdGljYWxs
eSBhZGRpbmcgZGV2aWNlcw0KKD09KSBBdXRvbWF0aWNhbGx5IG VuYWJsaW5nIGRldmljZXMN
CihXVykgVGhlIGRpcmVjdG9yeSAiL3Vzci9zaGFyZS9mb250cy 9UVEYiIGRvZXMgbm90IGV4
aXN0Lg0KCUVudHJ5IGRlbGV0ZWQgZnJvbSBmb250IHBhdGguDQ ooPT0pIEZvbnRQYXRoIHNl
dCB0bzoNCgkvdXNyL3NoYXJlL2ZvbnRzL21pc2MsDQoJL3Vzci 9zaGFyZS9mb250cy8xMDBk
cGk6dW5zY2FsZWQsDQoJL3Vzci9zaGFyZS9mb250cy83NWRwaT p1bnNjYWxlZCwNCgkvdXNy
L3NoYXJlL2ZvbnRzL1R5cGUxDQooKiopIFJnYlBhdGggc2V0IH RvICIvdXNyL2xpYi9YMTEv
cmdiIg0KKD09KSBNb2R1bGVQYXRoIHNldCB0byAiL3Vzci9saW IveG9yZy9tb2R1bGVzIg0K
KCoqKSBFeHRlbnNpb24gIkNvbXBvc2l0ZSIgaXMgZW5hYmxlZA 0KKFdXKSBPcGVuIEFDUEkg
ZmFpbGVkICgvdmFyL3J1bi9hY3BpZC5zb2NrZXQpIChObyBzdW NoIGZpbGUgb3IgZGlyZWN0
b3J5KQ0KKElJKSBObyBBUE0gc3VwcG9ydCBpbiBCSU9TIG9yIG tlcm5lbA0KKElJKSBMb2Fk
ZXIgbWFnaWM6IDB4ODFkNzdjMA0KKElJKSBNb2R1bGUgQUJJIH ZlcnNpb25zOg0KCVguT3Jn
IEFOU0kgQyBFbXVsYXRpb246IDAuMw0KCVguT3JnIFZpZGVvIE RyaXZlcjogMi4wDQoJWC5P
cmcgWElucHV0IGRyaXZlciA6IDIuMA0KCVguT3JnIFNlcnZlci BFeHRlbnNpb24gOiAwLjMN
CglYLk9yZyBGb250IFJlbmRlcmVyIDogMC41DQooSUkpIExvYW RlciBydW5uaW5nIG9uIGxp
bnV4DQooSUkpIExvYWRNb2R1bGU6ICJwY2lkYXRhIg0KKElJKS BMb2FkaW5nIC91c3IvbGli
L3hvcmcvbW9kdWxlcy8vbGlicGNpZGF0YS5zbw0KKElJKSBNb2 R1bGUgcGNpZGF0YTogdmVu
ZG9yPSJYLk9yZyBGb3VuZGF0aW9uIg0KCWNvbXBpbGVkIGZvci AxLjQuMC45MCwgbW9kdWxl
IHZlcnNpb24gPSAxLjAuMA0KCUFCSSBjbGFzczogWC5PcmcgVm lkZW8gRHJpdmVyLCB2ZXJz
aW9uIDIuMA0KKC0tKSB1c2luZyBWVCBudW1iZXIgNw0KDQooSU kpIFBDSTogUENJIHNjYW4g
KGFsbCB2YWx1ZXMgYXJlIGluIGhleCkNCihJSSkgUENJOiAwMD owMDowOiBjaGlwIDgwODYs
MTIzNyBjYXJkIDAwMDAsMDAwMCByZXYgMDIgY2xhc3MgMDYsMD AsMDAgaGRyIDAwDQooSUkp
IFBDSTogMDA6MDE6MDogY2hpcCA4MDg2LDcwMDAgY2FyZCAwMD AwLDAwMDAgcmV2IDAwIGNs
YXNzIDA2LDAxLDAwIGhkciA4MA0KKElJKSBQQ0k6IDAwOjAxOj E6IGNoaXAgODA4Niw3MTEx
IGNhcmQgMDAwMCwwMDAwIHJldiAwMSBjbGFzcyAwMSwwMSw4YS BoZHIgMDANCihJSSkgUENJ
OiAwMDowMjowOiBjaGlwIDgwZWUsYmVlZiBjYXJkIDAwMDAsMD AwMCByZXYgMDAgY2xhc3Mg
MDMsMDAsMDAgaGRyIDAwDQooSUkpIFBDSTogMDA6MDM6MDogY2 hpcCAxMDIyLDIwMDAgY2Fy
ZCAxMDIyLDIwMDAgcmV2IDQwIGNsYXNzIDAyLDAwLDAwIGhkci AwMA0KKElJKSBQQ0k6IDAw
OjA0OjA6IGNoaXAgODBlZSxjYWZlIGNhcmQgMDAwMCwwMDAwIH JldiAwMCBjbGFzcyAwOCw4
MCwwMCBoZHIgMDANCihJSSkgUENJOiAwMDowNTowOiBjaGlwID gwODYsMjQxNSBjYXJkIDgw
ODYsMDAwMCByZXYgMDEgY2xhc3MgMDQsMDEsMDAgaGRyIDAwDQ ooSUkpIFBDSTogMDA6MDc6
MDogY2hpcCA4MDg2LDcxMTMgY2FyZCAwMDAwLDAwMDAgcmV2ID A4IGNsYXNzIDA2LDgwLDAw
IGhkciA4MA0KKElJKSBQQ0k6IEVuZCBvZiBQQ0kgc2Nhbg0KKE lJKSBIb3N0LXRvLVBDSSBi
cmlkZ2U6DQooSUkpIEJ1cyAwOiBicmlkZ2UgaXMgYXQgKDA6MD owKSwgKDAsMCwwKSwgQkNU
Ukw6IDB4MDAwOCAoVkdBX0VOIGlzIHNldCkNCihJSSkgQnVzID AgSS9PIHJhbmdlOg0KCVsw
XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMDAwMDAgLSAweDAwMDBmZmZmICgweDEwMD AwKSBJWFtCXQ0KKElJKSBC
dXMgMCBub24tcHJlZmV0Y2hhYmxlIG1lbW9yeSByYW5nZToNCg lbMF0gLTEJMAkweDAwMDAw
MDAwIC0gMHhmZmZmZmZmZiAoMHgwKSBNWFtCXQ0KKElJKSBCdX MgMCBwcmVmZXRjaGFibGUg
bWVtb3J5IHJhbmdlOg0KCVswXSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMDAwMDAgLS AweGZmZmZmZmZmICgweDAp
IE1YW0JdDQooSUkpIFBDSS10by1JU0EgYnJpZGdlOg0KKElJKS BCdXMgLTE6IGJyaWRnZSBp
cyBhdCAoMDoxOjApLCAoMCwtMSwtMSksIEJDVFJMOiAweDAwMD ggKFZHQV9FTiBpcyBzZXQp
DQooLS0pIFBDSToqKDA6MjowKSB1bmtub3duIHZlbmRvciAoMH g4MGVlKSB1bmtub3duIGNo
aXBzZXQgKDB4YmVlZikgcmV2IDAsIE1lbSBAIDB4ZTAwMDAwMD AvMjMNCihJSSkgQWRkcmVz
c2FibGUgYnVzIHJlc291cmNlIHJhbmdlcyBhcmUNCglbMF0gLT EJMAkweDAwMDAwMDAwIC0g
MHhmZmZmZmZmZiAoMHgwKSBNWFtCXQ0KCVsxXSAtMQkwCTB4MD AwMDAwMDAgLSAweDAwMDBm
ZmZmICgweDEwMDAwKSBJWFtCXQ0KKElJKSBPUy1yZXBvcnRlZC ByZXNvdXJjZSByYW5nZXM6
DQoJWzBdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDEwMDAwMCAtIDB4M2ZmZmZmZmYgKD B4M2ZmMDAwMDApIE1YW0Jd
RShCKQ0KCVsxXSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwZjAwMDAgLSAweDAwMGZmZm ZmICgweDEwMDAwKSBNWFtC
XQ0KCVsyXSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwYzAwMDAgLSAweDAwMGVmZmZmIC gweDMwMDAwKSBNWFtCXQ0K
CVszXSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMDAwMDAgLSAweDAwMDlmZmZmICgweG EwMDAwKSBNWFtCXQ0KCVs0
XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMGZmZmYgLSAweDAwMDBmZmZmICgweDEpIE lYW0JdDQoJWzVdIC0xCTAJ
MHgwMDAwMDAwMCAtIDB4MDAwMDAwZmYgKDB4MTAwKSBJWFtCXQ 0KKElJKSBBY3RpdmUgUENJ
IHJlc291cmNlIHJhbmdlczoNCglbMF0gLTEJMAkweGYwNDAwMD AwIC0gMHhmMDdmZmZmZiAo
MHg0MDAwMDApIE1YW0JdDQoJWzFdIC0xCTAJMHhmMDA4MDAwMC AtIDB4ZjAwZmZmZmYgKDB4
ODAwMDApIE1YW0JdDQoJWzJdIC0xCTAJMHhmMDAwMDAwMCAtID B4ZjAwMDBmZmYgKDB4MTAw
MCkgTVhbQl0NCglbM10gLTEJMAkweGUwMDAwMDAwIC0gMHhlMD dmZmZmZiAoMHg4MDAwMDAp
IE1YW0JdKEIpDQoJWzRdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDAwYzIwMCAtIDB4MD AwMGMyM2YgKDB4NDApIElY
W0JdDQoJWzVdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDAwYzEwMCAtIDB4MDAwMGMxZm YgKDB4MTAwKSBJWFtCXQ0K
CVs2XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMGMwNDAgLSAweDAwMDBjMDVmICgweD IwKSBJWFtCXQ0KCVs3XSAt
MQkwCTB4MDAwMGMwMjAgLSAweDAwMDBjMDNmICgweDIwKSBJWF tCXQ0KCVs4XSAtMQkwCTB4
MDAwMGMwMDAgLSAweDAwMDBjMDBmICgweDEwKSBJWFtCXQ0KKE lJKSBBY3RpdmUgUENJIHJl
c291cmNlIHJhbmdlcyBhZnRlciByZW1vdmluZyBvdmVybGFwcz oNCglbMF0gLTEJMAkweGYw
NDAwMDAwIC0gMHhmMDdmZmZmZiAoMHg0MDAwMDApIE1YW0JdDQ oJWzFdIC0xCTAJMHhmMDA4
MDAwMCAtIDB4ZjAwZmZmZmYgKDB4ODAwMDApIE1YW0JdDQoJWz JdIC0xCTAJMHhmMDAwMDAw
MCAtIDB4ZjAwMDBmZmYgKDB4MTAwMCkgTVhbQl0NCglbM10gLT EJMAkweGUwMDAwMDAwIC0g
MHhlMDdmZmZmZiAoMHg4MDAwMDApIE1YW0JdKEIpDQoJWzRdIC 0xCTAJMHgwMDAwYzIwMCAt
IDB4MDAwMGMyM2YgKDB4NDApIElYW0JdDQoJWzVdIC0xCTAJMH gwMDAwYzEwMCAtIDB4MDAw
MGMxZmYgKDB4MTAwKSBJWFtCXQ0KCVs2XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMG MwNDAgLSAweDAwMDBjMDVm
ICgweDIwKSBJWFtCXQ0KCVs3XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMGMwMjAgLS AweDAwMDBjMDNmICgweDIw
KSBJWFtCXQ0KCVs4XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMGMwMDAgLSAweDAwMD BjMDBmICgweDEwKSBJWFtC
XQ0KKElJKSBPUy1yZXBvcnRlZCByZXNvdXJjZSByYW5nZXMgYW Z0ZXIgcmVtb3Zpbmcgb3Zl
cmxhcHMgd2l0aCBQQ0k6DQoJWzBdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDEwMDAwMC AtIDB4M2ZmZmZmZmYgKDB4
M2ZmMDAwMDApIE1YW0JdRShCKQ0KCVsxXSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwZj AwMDAgLSAweDAwMGZmZmZm
ICgweDEwMDAwKSBNWFtCXQ0KCVsyXSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwYzAwMD AgLSAweDAwMGVmZmZmICgw
eDMwMDAwKSBNWFtCXQ0KCVszXSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMDAwMDAgLS AweDAwMDlmZmZmICgweGEw
MDAwKSBNWFtCXQ0KCVs0XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMGZmZmYgLSAweD AwMDBmZmZmICgweDEpIElY
W0JdDQoJWzVdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDAwMDAwMCAtIDB4MDAwMDAwZm YgKDB4MTAwKSBJWFtCXQ0K
KElJKSBBbGwgc3lzdGVtIHJlc291cmNlIHJhbmdlczoNCglbMF 0gLTEJMAkweDAwMTAwMDAw
IC0gMHgzZmZmZmZmZiAoMHgzZmYwMDAwMCkgTVhbQl1FKEIpDQ oJWzFdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDBm
MDAwMCAtIDB4MDAwZmZmZmYgKDB4MTAwMDApIE1YW0JdDQoJWz JdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDBjMDAw
MCAtIDB4MDAwZWZmZmYgKDB4MzAwMDApIE1YW0JdDQoJWzNdIC 0xCTAJMHgwMDAwMDAwMCAt
IDB4MDAwOWZmZmYgKDB4YTAwMDApIE1YW0JdDQoJWzRdIC0xCT AJMHhmMDQwMDAwMCAtIDB4
ZjA3ZmZmZmYgKDB4NDAwMDAwKSBNWFtCXQ0KCVs1XSAtMQkwCT B4ZjAwODAwMDAgLSAweGYw
MGZmZmZmICgweDgwMDAwKSBNWFtCXQ0KCVs2XSAtMQkwCTB4Zj AwMDAwMDAgLSAweGYwMDAw
ZmZmICgweDEwMDApIE1YW0JdDQoJWzddIC0xCTAJMHhlMDAwMD AwMCAtIDB4ZTA3ZmZmZmYg
KDB4ODAwMDAwKSBNWFtCXShCKQ0KCVs4XSAtMQkwCTB4MDAwMG ZmZmYgLSAweDAwMDBmZmZm
ICgweDEpIElYW0JdDQoJWzldIC0xCTAJMHgwMDAwMDAwMCAtID B4MDAwMDAwZmYgKDB4MTAw
KSBJWFtCXQ0KCVsxMF0gLTEJMAkweDAwMDBjMjAwIC0gMHgwMD AwYzIzZiAoMHg0MCkgSVhb
Ql0NCglbMTFdIC0xCTAJMHgwMDAwYzEwMCAtIDB4MDAwMGMxZm YgKDB4MTAwKSBJWFtCXQ0K
CVsxMl0gLTEJMAkweDAwMDBjMDQwIC0gMHgwMDAwYzA1ZiAoMH gyMCkgSVhbQl0NCglbMTNd
IC0xCTAJMHgwMDAwYzAyMCAtIDB4MDAwMGMwM2YgKDB4MjApIE lYW0JdDQoJWzE0XSAtMQkw
CTB4MDAwMGMwMDAgLSAweDAwMDBjMDBmICgweDEwKSBJWFtCXQ 0KKElJKSAiZXh0bW9kIiB3
aWxsIGJlIGxvYWRlZC4gVGhpcyB3YXMgZW5hYmxlZCBieSBkZW ZhdWx0IGFuZCBhbHNvIHNw
ZWNpZmllZCBpbiB0aGUgY29uZmlnIGZpbGUuDQooSUkpICJkYm UiIHdpbGwgYmUgbG9hZGVk
LiBUaGlzIHdhcyBlbmFibGVkIGJ5IGRlZmF1bHQgYW5kIGFsc2 8gc3BlY2lmaWVkIGluIHRo
ZSBjb25maWcgZmlsZS4NCihJSSkgImdseCIgd2lsbCBiZSBsb2 FkZWQuIFRoaXMgd2FzIGVu
YWJsZWQgYnkgZGVmYXVsdCBhbmQgYWxzbyBzcGVjaWZpZWQgaW 4gdGhlIGNvbmZpZyBmaWxl
Lg0KKElJKSAiZnJlZXR5cGUiIHdpbGwgYmUgbG9hZGVkLiBUaG lzIHdhcyBlbmFibGVkIGJ5
IGRlZmF1bHQgYW5kIGFsc28gc3BlY2lmaWVkIGluIHRoZSBjb2 5maWcgZmlsZS4NCihJSSkg
InJlY29yZCIgd2lsbCBiZSBsb2FkZWQgYnkgZGVmYXVsdC4NCi hJSSkgImRyaSIgd2lsbCBi
ZSBsb2FkZWQgYnkgZGVmYXVsdC4NCihJSSkgTG9hZE1vZHVsZT ogImRiZSINCihJSSkgTG9h
ZGluZyAvdXNyL2xpYi94b3JnL21vZHVsZXMvZXh0ZW5zaW9ucy 8vbGliZGJlLnNvDQooSUkp
IE1vZHVsZSBkYmU6IHZlbmRvcj0iWC5PcmcgRm91bmRhdGlvbi INCgljb21waWxlZCBmb3Ig
MS40LjAuOTAsIG1vZHVsZSB2ZXJzaW9uID0gMS4wLjANCglNb2 R1bGUgY2xhc3M6IFguT3Jn
IFNlcnZlciBFeHRlbnNpb24NCglBQkkgY2xhc3M6IFguT3JnIF NlcnZlciBFeHRlbnNpb24s
IHZlcnNpb24gMC4zDQooSUkpIExvYWRpbmcgZXh0ZW5zaW9uIE RPVUJMRS1CVUZGRVINCihJ
SSkgTG9hZE1vZHVsZTogImV4dG1vZCINCihJSSkgTG9hZGluZy AvdXNyL2xpYi94b3JnL21v
ZHVsZXMvZXh0ZW5zaW9ucy8vbGliZXh0bW9kLnNvDQooSUkpIE 1vZHVsZSBleHRtb2Q6IHZl
bmRvcj0iWC5PcmcgRm91bmRhdGlvbiINCgljb21waWxlZCBmb3 IgMS40LjAuOTAsIG1vZHVs
ZSB2ZXJzaW9uID0gMS4wLjANCglNb2R1bGUgY2xhc3M6IFguT3 JnIFNlcnZlciBFeHRlbnNp
b24NCglBQkkgY2xhc3M6IFguT3JnIFNlcnZlciBFeHRlbnNpb2 4sIHZlcnNpb24gMC4zDQoo
SUkpIExvYWRpbmcgZXh0ZW5zaW9uIFNIQVBFDQooSUkpIExvYW RpbmcgZXh0ZW5zaW9uIE1J
VC1TVU5EUlktTk9OU1RBTkRBUkQNCihJSSkgTG9hZGluZyBleH RlbnNpb24gQklHLVJFUVVF
U1RTDQooSUkpIExvYWRpbmcgZXh0ZW5zaW9uIFNZTkMNCihJSS kgTG9hZGluZyBleHRlbnNp
b24gTUlULVNDUkVFTi1TQVZFUg0KKElJKSBMb2FkaW5nIGV4dG Vuc2lvbiBYQy1NSVNDDQoo
SUkpIExvYWRpbmcgZXh0ZW5zaW9uIFhGcmVlODYtVmlkTW9kZU V4dGVuc2lvbg0KKElJKSBM
b2FkaW5nIGV4dGVuc2lvbiBYRnJlZTg2LU1pc2MNCihJSSkgTG 9hZGluZyBleHRlbnNpb24g
WEZyZWU4Ni1ER0ENCihJSSkgTG9hZGluZyBleHRlbnNpb24gRF BNUw0KKElJKSBMb2FkaW5n
IGV4dGVuc2lvbiBUT0ctQ1VQDQooSUkpIExvYWRpbmcgZXh0ZW 5zaW9uIEV4dGVuZGVkLVZp
c3VhbC1JbmZvcm1hdGlvbg0KKElJKSBMb2FkaW5nIGV4dGVuc2 lvbiBYVmlkZW8NCihJSSkg
TG9hZGluZyBleHRlbnNpb24gWFZpZGVvLU1vdGlvbkNvbXBlbn NhdGlvbg0KKElJKSBMb2Fk
aW5nIGV4dGVuc2lvbiBYLVJlc291cmNlDQooSUkpIExvYWRNb2 R1bGU6ICJmcmVldHlwZSIN
CihJSSkgTG9hZGluZyAvdXNyL2xpYi94b3JnL21vZHVsZXMvZm 9udHMvL2xpYmZyZWV0eXBl
LnNvDQooSUkpIE1vZHVsZSBmcmVldHlwZTogdmVuZG9yPSJYLk 9yZyBGb3VuZGF0aW9uICYg
dGhlIEFmdGVyIFgtVFQgUHJvamVjdCINCgljb21waWxlZCBmb3 IgMS40LjAuOTAsIG1vZHVs
ZSB2ZXJzaW9uID0gMi4xLjANCglNb2R1bGUgY2xhc3M6IFguT3 JnIEZvbnQgUmVuZGVyZXIN
CglBQkkgY2xhc3M6IFguT3JnIEZvbnQgUmVuZGVyZXIsIHZlcn Npb24gMC41DQooSUkpIExv
YWRpbmcgZm9udCBGcmVlVHlwZQ0KKElJKSBMb2FkTW9kdWxlOi AiZ2x4Ig0KKElJKSBMb2Fk
aW5nIC91c3IvbGliL3hvcmcvbW9kdWxlcy9leHRlbnNpb25zLy 9saWJnbHguc28NCihJSSkg
TW9kdWxlIGdseDogdmVuZG9yPSJOVklESUEgQ29ycG9yYXRpb2 4iDQoJY29tcGlsZWQgZm9y
IDQuMC4yLCBtb2R1bGUgdmVyc2lvbiA9IDEuMC4wDQoJTW9kdW xlIGNsYXNzOiBYLk9yZyBT
ZXJ2ZXIgRXh0ZW5zaW9uDQoJQUJJIGNsYXNzOiBYLk9yZyBTZX J2ZXIgRXh0ZW5zaW9uLCB2
ZXJzaW9uIDAuMQ0KKElJKSBOVklESUEgR0xYIE1vZHVsZSAgMT Y5LjEyICBUaHUgRmViIDE0
IDE4OjQ1OjU2IFBTVCAyMDA4DQooSUkpIExvYWRpbmcgZXh0ZW 5zaW9uIEdMWA0KKElJKSBM
b2FkTW9kdWxlOiAicmVjb3JkIg0KKElJKSBMb2FkaW5nIC91c3 IvbGliL3hvcmcvbW9kdWxl
cy9leHRlbnNpb25zLy9saWJyZWNvcmQuc28NCihJSSkgTW9kdW xlIHJlY29yZDogdmVuZG9y
PSJYLk9yZyBGb3VuZGF0aW9uIg0KCWNvbXBpbGVkIGZvciAxLj QuMC45MCwgbW9kdWxlIHZl
cnNpb24gPSAxLjEzLjANCglNb2R1bGUgY2xhc3M6IFguT3JnIF NlcnZlciBFeHRlbnNpb24N
CglBQkkgY2xhc3M6IFguT3JnIFNlcnZlciBFeHRlbnNpb24sIH ZlcnNpb24gMC4zDQooSUkp
IExvYWRpbmcgZXh0ZW5zaW9uIFJFQ09SRA0KKElJKSBMb2FkTW 9kdWxlOiAiZHJpIg0KKElJ
KSBMb2FkaW5nIC91c3IvbGliL3hvcmcvbW9kdWxlcy9leHRlbn Npb25zLy9saWJkcmkuc28N
CihJSSkgTW9kdWxlIGRyaTogdmVuZG9yPSJYLk9yZyBGb3VuZG F0aW9uIg0KCWNvbXBpbGVk
IGZvciAxLjQuMC45MCwgbW9kdWxlIHZlcnNpb24gPSAxLjAuMA 0KCUFCSSBjbGFzczogWC5P
cmcgU2VydmVyIEV4dGVuc2lvbiwgdmVyc2lvbiAwLjMNCihJSS kgTG9hZGluZyBleHRlbnNp
b24gWEZyZWU4Ni1EUkkNCihJSSkgTG9hZE1vZHVsZTogIm52aW RpYSINCihJSSkgTG9hZGlu
ZyAvdXNyL2xpYi94b3JnL21vZHVsZXMvZHJpdmVycy8vbnZpZG lhX2Rydi5zbw0KKElJKSBN
b2R1bGUgbnZpZGlhOiB2ZW5kb3I9Ik5WSURJQSBDb3Jwb3JhdG lvbiINCgljb21waWxlZCBm
b3IgNC4wLjIsIG1vZHVsZSB2ZXJzaW9uID0gMS4wLjANCglNb2 R1bGUgY2xhc3M6IFguT3Jn
IFZpZGVvIERyaXZlcg0KKElJKSBMb2FkTW9kdWxlOiAia2JkIg 0KKElJKSBMb2FkaW5nIC91
c3IvbGliL3hvcmcvbW9kdWxlcy9pbnB1dC8va2JkX2Rydi5zbw 0KKElJKSBNb2R1bGUga2Jk
OiB2ZW5kb3I9IlguT3JnIEZvdW5kYXRpb24iDQoJY29tcGlsZW QgZm9yIDEuNC4wLCBtb2R1
bGUgdmVyc2lvbiA9IDEuMi4yDQoJTW9kdWxlIGNsYXNzOiBYLk 9yZyBYSW5wdXQgRHJpdmVy
DQoJQUJJIGNsYXNzOiBYLk9yZyBYSW5wdXQgZHJpdmVyLCB2ZX JzaW9uIDIuMA0KKElJKSBM
b2FkTW9kdWxlOiAibW91c2UiDQooSUkpIExvYWRpbmcgL3Vzci 9saWIveG9yZy9tb2R1bGVz
L2lucHV0Ly9tb3VzZV9kcnYuc28NCihJSSkgTW9kdWxlIG1vdX NlOiB2ZW5kb3I9IlguT3Jn
IEZvdW5kYXRpb24iDQoJY29tcGlsZWQgZm9yIDEuNC4wLCBtb2 R1bGUgdmVyc2lvbiA9IDEu
Mi4zDQoJTW9kdWxlIGNsYXNzOiBYLk9yZyBYSW5wdXQgRHJpdm VyDQoJQUJJIGNsYXNzOiBY
Lk9yZyBYSW5wdXQgZHJpdmVyLCB2ZXJzaW9uIDIuMA0KKElJKS BOVklESUEgZGxsb2FkZXIg
WCBEcml2ZXIgIDE2OS4xMiAgVGh1IEZlYiAxNCAxNzo1NTozOC BQU1QgMjAwOA0KKElJKSBO
VklESUEgVW5pZmllZCBEcml2ZXIgZm9yIGFsbCBTdXBwb3J0ZW QgTlZJRElBIEdQVXMNCihJ
SSkgUHJpbWFyeSBEZXZpY2UgaXM6IFBDSSAwMDowMjowDQooRU UpIE5vIGRldmljZXMgZGV0
ZWN0ZWQuDQoNCkZhdGFsIHNlcnZlciBlcnJvcjoNCm5vIHNjcm VlbnMgZm91bmQNCg==
--------------070007030701080601070803--

Old 05-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Leif Gregory

On Fri, 16 May 2008 22:13:34 +0200
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez@modulonet.fr> wrote:

> Wasn't in mind either. Had to start menu editor (right-click on the
> menu and select "Menu editor"). The "File Management" item was indeed
> there... just not enabled/visible. So just check it and off you go.

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:56 PM
NoOp

On 05/16/2008 01:22 PM, Leif Gregory wrote:
> On Fri, 16 May 2008 22:13:34 +0200 Vincent Trouilliez
> <vincent.trouilliez@modulonet.fr> wrote:
>
>> Wasn't in mind either. Had to start menu editor (right-click on the
>> menu and select "Menu editor"). The "File Management" item was
>> indeed there... just not enabled/visible. So just check it and off
>> you go.
>
> Thanks.

For those using Gutsy: you can turn this off using
System|Preferences|Removable Drives and Media Preferences|Multimedia and
then uncheck "Play video DVD discs when inserted"

I wish there were a 'differences' document with a table showing the
different commands, places, etc between Gutsy & Hardy. There are enough
changes that it gets pretty confusing trying to figure out a task that
you did previously. "I just _know_ I could do that in Gutsy by doing
xyz..."

Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Phil Sexton

Steve Cook wrote:
> Phil Sexton wrote:
>> PleegWat wrote:
>>

>>> Preferences > File Management > Media tab
>>>
>>> Took me quite some searching last week too.
>>>
>> That isn't in my menu. Would you know how to get it?
>>
> System => Preferences => File Management => Media

It isn't there or under any other menu item, and I have been unable
to find a package to install it.

Are you running an install from scratch or an upgrade? I upgraded
from 7.10.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Steve Cook

Phil Sexton wrote:

>> System => Preferences => File Management => Media
>
> It isn't there or under any other menu item, and I have been unable
> to find a package to install it.
>
> Are you running an install from scratch or an upgrade? I upgraded
> from 7.10.

It seems that it only appears on a fresh install, as my other machine,
an upgrade from 7.1, doesn't have it as a menu option. Although, as
others have pointed out, it is installed and requires the menu to be edited.

steve