Old 05-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Avi Greenbury

Default A question

On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:16:00 +0200
Andrea Monaco <timothy94@hotmail.it> wrote:

> How can I empty the trash using the terminal?
>
> What is the path of file and folders put in the trash?

Firstly, it's generally considered sensible to use a subject that has some relevance to the question in the body. On a high-volume list like this, the only mails that most people will read are those with a subject that implies it's something of interest to them. I've only read this because I'm _incredibly_ bored.

Look for a .Trash* directory at the root of the filesystem.

--
Avi Greenbury

Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM
"Shawn McCuan"

How can I empty the trash using the terminal?

What is the path of file and folders put in the trash?

Windows Live Mobile Da oggi la posta di Hotmail la controlli anche dal tuo cellulare!

Your trash is stored at: /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Trash/files/

--
Shawn McCuan
smccuan@gmail.com

Support a national popular vote in the US!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact
http://www.nationalpopularvote.com

Old 05-19-2011, 12:45 PM
wanda

Is it possible in the Xubuntu version 11.10 to ensure that in the home directory can put the number of items.

Now it is very difficult and I do every time right-click a folder to view content.

That's the only thing holding me back voledig to switch from Ubuntu to Xubuntu.

Greetings Wanda.
--
1 Startpagina - Intro Wanda´s Blogje

Linux User # 456621 # Ubuntu User 20031 # Xubuntu User #

Made on* Linux / Ubuntu - Machine.....
De zon is als een decolleté , je mag er in kijken maar er niet in staren.