Old 05-15-2008, 03:02 PM
NoOp

Default OpenSSL version mixup

On 05/15/2008 03:20 AM, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>
>> Now if I could only get ssh fixed on my Gutsy machine...
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/230174
>
> In your place, the first thing I'd do is try to find out why the
> wrong version of OpenSSL was installed on your machine. Maybe the
> contents of /etc/apt/sources.list and files in
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d (if any) could shed some light on this.
>
> If nothing else helps, you could manually get and install the .deb:
> http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl0.9.8_0.9.8e-5ubuntu3.2_i386.deb
>

> Just to be sure: you did update the package cache?
>
> Regards mks

Good catch, and that's exactly what Chris K. Jester-Young suggested.
Tried it first thing this morning and it resolved _my_ problem :-) Per
the recommendation from Chris, I converted the bug to a help request
(https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+question/33172)
and all is well again.