Old 11-30-2007, 01:31 AM
"Nelson Montague"

Default Dvorak classic?

Hi,

On the Ubuntu installation, one can choose the "Dvorak classic" keyboard layout.

I am familiar with the standard Dvorak layout, which looks like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KB_United_States_Dvorak.svg

But can you send me the a graphics for the Dvorak classic? I know the
numbers are mixed.

Google can't help.

Thanks,

Nelson Montague

Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 PM
"Alexandre Franke"

On Nov 30, 2007 3:31 AM, Nelson Montague <nelsonmontague@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Nelson,

> On the Ubuntu installation, one can choose the "Dvorak classic" keyboard layout.

You can also select the "Dvorak" (i.e. not classic) layout.

> But can you send me the a graphics for the Dvorak classic? I know the
> numbers are mixed.

When going in System -> Preferences -> Keyboard, you can change your
layout. There you'll have a picture of the layout you select.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNU/Linux user #390077

Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 PM
"Jimmy Wu"

On Nov 30, 2007 8:16 AM, Alexandre Franke <alexandre.franke@gmail.com> wrote:

On Nov 30, 2007 3:31 AM, Nelson Montague <nelsonmontague@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Nelson,

> On the Ubuntu installation, one can choose the "Dvorak classic" keyboard layout.

You can also select the "Dvorak" (i.e. not classic) layout.

> But can you send me the a graphics for the Dvorak classic? I know the
> numbers are mixed.

When going in System -> Preferences -> Keyboard, you can change your
layout. There you'll have a picture of the layout you select.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNU/Linux user #390077

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've been looking for a way to do this in Xfce/Xubuntu, if one doesn't have the GNOME keyboard configuration utility, for a quite a while.* Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jimmy Wu
--
Registered Linux User #454138

Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
"Nelson Montague"

Alexandre,

> > On the Ubuntu installation, one can choose the "Dvorak classic" keyboard layout.
> You can also select the "Dvorak" (i.e. not classic) layout.
> When going in System -> Preferences -> Keyboard, you can change your
> layout. There you'll have a picture of the layout you select.
Thanks... I am already familiar with my possible choices in the Ubuntu
install...

However, what I am interested in at this moment is the layout for the
"Dvorak classic" keyboard.

Like I have this picture for the Dvorak /non classic/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:KB_United_States_Dvorak.svg

Do you have an idea how to get the layout for the Dvorak classic?

What You mentioned, System -> Preferences -> Keyboard
I can't see the exact layout there...

Thanks!

Nelson