Old 05-15-2008, 02:31 PM
"Xn Nooby"

Default Ubuntu 8.04 Server gets stack error when booting in VPC 2007 or VS 2005

I get a "BUG: Int 6: CR2 00000000" error followed by a "Stack" error,
when I try to install Ubuntu Server 8.04 in to Virtual PC 2007 and
Virtual Server 2005. A blogger got the same error (mentioned at the
end):

http://stuart.amanzi.co.nz/2008/04/30/installing-ubuntu-804-server-on-virtual-pc-2007

I tried a zillion kernel parameters, "noreplace-paravirt",
"i8042.noloop", "noapic", "nolapic", "vga=791", etc.

I also could not install 7.10 Server because it could not find the
cd-rom when it came time to read the package list (strange since it
booted off the cd!). I was able to install 7.04 Server, then upgrade
to 7.10. When I then upgraded from 7.10 to 8.04, I got the same Stack
error.

Has anyone got 8.04 Server working under Virtual PC? I'm trying to
get Ubuntu in the door!