Old 05-15-2008, 05:06 AM
nagoor kani

Default hard disk crash

Dear all
My sata hard disk crashes due to power failure.
I run fsck on /dev/sda.no recovery.
the system is n't functioning.
Kindly do needful

Old 05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
"Steve Flynn"

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:06 AM, nagoor kani <nagoor_cognos@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all
> My sata hard disk crashes due to power failure.
> I run fsck on /dev/sda.no recovery.
> the system is n't functioning.
> Kindly do needful

The needful is probably to get a new driver and re-install your
installation, recovering your home folder from your backups.

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
NoOp

On 05/14/2008 10:06 PM, nagoor kani wrote:
> Dear all
> My sata hard disk crashes due to power failure.
> I run fsck on /dev/sda.no recovery.
> the system is n't functioning.
> Kindly do needful

You might try the utilities on the sysrescue CD:
http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
and see if you can determine the problem that way.

Also I recommend:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

However, you might first try booting to a liveCD (Ubuntu works ok, but I
recommend Knoppix: http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html as it
detects just about any and all hardware, even on much older systems).

That said; you really need to provide more information regarding your
system and what is is/is not doing for anyone to offer any further help
to you.