FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Damien Hull
 
Default Bluetooth Headset

Is it possible to get a Bluetooth Headset working with Hardy Heron?

I was able to get it working under Gutsy bot so far I'm having no luck on Hardy. Here's what I have for hardware.

1. Belkin F8T012xx1
2. Plantronics bluetooth headset for a phone

Here's what works.

1. USB Belkin Bluetooth Adapter
2. I can pair the headset with Ubuntu

I can't get any audio from or two the headset. Now that Hardy Heron is using Pluseaudio I have no idea what modules to load or what commands to run.

If you have any suggestions let me know. I'm lost.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-15-2008, 12:43 AM
"Kenneth P. Turvey"
 
Default Bluetooth Headset

On Wed, 14 May 2008 15:31:38 -0800, Damien Hull wrote:

> Is it possible to get a Bluetooth Headset working with Hardy Heron?
>
> I was able to get it working under Gutsy bot so far I'm having no luck
> on Hardy. Here's what I have for hardware.

I can't help you, but maybe you can help me. I'm trying to get a
Motorola S9 headset to work with Gutsy. It doesn't seem to be detected
at all. Actually, the little applet icon that is only supposed to show
up when there is an adapter present, isn't showing up. This is despite
the fact that the driver is loaded and bluetooth is enabled in the bios.
So I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Would you give me some hints on how to get a bluetooth device working
under Gutsy since you've been through the process?

Thank you.


--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Damien Hull
 
Default Bluetooth Headset

Check your bluetooth chip set and make sure you have the write driver. I would search Google with with the chip set and ubuntu. You may need to blacklist a driver like I did. /etc/bluetooth/blacklist.

I hope this helps. My bluetooth headset isn't working at the moment.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>
To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 4:43:56 PM GMT -09:00 Alaska
Subject: Re: Bluetooth Headset

On Wed, 14 May 2008 15:31:38 -0800, Damien Hull wrote:

> Is it possible to get a Bluetooth Headset working with Hardy Heron?
>
> I was able to get it working under Gutsy bot so far I'm having no luck
> on Hardy. Here's what I have for hardware.

I can't help you, but maybe you can help me. I'm trying to get a
Motorola S9 headset to work with Gutsy. It doesn't seem to be detected
at all. Actually, the little applet icon that is only supposed to show
up when there is an adapter present, isn't showing up. This is despite
the fact that the driver is loaded and bluetooth is enabled in the bios.
So I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Would you give me some hints on how to get a bluetooth device working
under Gutsy since you've been through the process?

Thank you.


--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Daniel Dalton
 
Default bluetooth headset

Hi,

I'm considdering buying a bluetooth headset... Does anyone know of any
reasonably cheap ones that are supported by debian? Is there a good
howto out there on how to configure? Once it is up and running, is it
possible to have it connected at boot up if the headset is turned on and
is in range of my computer? Also, is it possible when the headset is
connected to have every sound normally sent to my speakers redirect to
the headset? eg. mpd music, mplayer, screenreaders, error tones pidgin
alerts etc?

Thanks!

Daniel.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Celejar
 
Default bluetooth headset

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:09:17 +1100
Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm considdering buying a bluetooth headset... Does anyone know of any
> reasonably cheap ones that are supported by debian? Is there a good

My understanding is that any headset that uses the standard protocols
should work with Debian. I've successfully used a Plantronics Voyager
510 (a terrific model) and a cheap Soyo Freestyler (BTWLHS02).

> howto out there on how to configure? Once it is up and running, is it

The documentation on this is pretty sketchy, and the configuration
methods have apparently changed several times. I believe that this
page is the most current and 'canonical' reference out there, and I
currently have my headsets working following its instructions:

http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices

> possible to have it connected at boot up if the headset is turned on and
> is in range of my computer? Also, is it possible when the headset is

Don't know.

> connected to have every sound normally sent to my speakers redirect to
> the headset? eg. mpd music, mplayer, screenreaders, error tones pidgin
> alerts etc?

I have the impression that this might be possible using pulse, but I've
never used it. See the pulse discussion on the above bluez page.

I've gone through considerable headaches getting this stuff
working, so I HTH. Please post your experiences!

Celejar
--
mailmin.sourceforge.net - remote access via secure (OpenPGP) email
ssuds.sourceforge.net - A Simple Sudoku Solver and Generator


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 03-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Michelle Konzack
 
Default bluetooth headset

Am 2009-03-14 21:57:31, schrieb Celejar:
> My understanding is that any headset that uses the standard protocols
> should work with Debian. I've successfully used a Plantronics Voyager
> 510 (a terrific model) and a cheap Soyo Freestyler (BTWLHS02).

I have gotten last year from "National Semiconductor" three Free Samples
of the LMX9338, build a PCB and it was working from scratch...

BlueTooth is cool...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

--
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/
##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant #####################
<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/> Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/> Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/> 50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de 67100 Strasbourg/France
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com) Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886 Tel. FR: +33 6 61925193
 
Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Daniel Dalton
 
Default bluetooth headset

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 09:57:31PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:09:17 +1100
> Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm considdering buying a bluetooth headset... Does anyone know of any
> > reasonably cheap ones that are supported by debian? Is there a good
>
> My understanding is that any headset that uses the standard protocols
> should work with Debian. I've successfully used a Plantronics Voyager

Excellent

> > howto out there on how to configure? Once it is up and running, is it
>
> The documentation on this is pretty sketchy, and the configuration
> methods have apparently changed several times. I believe that this
> page is the most current and 'canonical' reference out there, and I
> currently have my headsets working following its instructions:
>
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices

Ah thanks!

> I have the impression that this might be possible using pulse, but I've
> never used it. See the pulse discussion on the above bluez page.
>

will check it out

> I've gone through considerable headaches getting this stuff
> working, so I HTH. Please post your experiences!

I can imagine...

Thanks very much!

Daniel.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 AM
William Kenworthy
 
Default bluetooth headset

Hi, I am trying get a bluetooth headset working with bluez4. most
documentation (even on the bluez site) is is for bluez3 and not
applicable.

Ive installed bluez4, the gnome bluetooth applet (2.26) associates with
the headset fine. The headset is a Motorols S9 and I primarily want
just a2dp playback, but it would be nice to get the mic working as well
(for VoIP/egiga/...) at some point.

But alsa reports:
[AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm.c:2211snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM
bluetooth
[AO_ALSA] Playback open error: No such file or directory
Failed to initialize audio driver 'alsa:device=bluetooth'
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Ive tried adding the bluetooth stanza as both a separate stanza
"pcm.bluetooth", and as "bluetooth" within the existing pcm scope
in /etc/asound.names. The headset works on a freerunner (SHR using
a2dp) but its not working on the laptop under gentoo

Anyone got a usable bluez4 guide, or knows how to do this?

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>
Home in Perth!
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org