Old 05-14-2008, 10:39 PM
"Kenneth P. Turvey"

Default Bluetooth

I just purchased a set of Motorola S9 headphones (really a headset, they
have a mic). Anyway, I've followed the directions to try and get them to
work, or at least be detected, under Ubuntu, but without success. I'm
not sure where to go from here. I've never used bluetooth for anything
in my life, so this is my first experience with these devices.

Don't worry about scaring me with this stuff either. I'm a sophisticated
Linux user for many, many years, so fire away.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>

Old 02-24-2009, 10:27 PM
"Manolete, ese artista..."

Is Kdebluetooth4 being packaged relatively soon?
I've been seeing it in other distros since a couple of months, or so, and was wondering when would these nice Debian developers of us package it for the joy and felicity of all us, mortal users (who don't forget to mention ya'll in our night prayers, BTW), .

Cheers.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Florian Jauernig

Hi all,

just a quick reply from me to show up that there are more people interested
in kdebluetooth4.

I'm missing kdebluetooth4, too - would be great if you could package it!

Thanks in advance

Florian

Old 02-27-2009, 10:20 AM
"Andreas v. Heydwolff"

Florian Jauernig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just a quick reply from me to show up that there are more people interested
> in kdebluetooth4.
>
> I'm missing kdebluetooth4, too - would be great if you could package it!
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Florian
>
> Am Wednesday 25 February 2009 schrieb Manolete, ese artista...:
>> Is Kdebluetooth4 being packaged relatively soon?
>> I've been seeing it in other distros since a couple of months, or so, and
>> was wondering when would these nice Debian developers of us package it
>> for the joy and felicity of all us, mortal users (who don't forget to
>> mention ya'll in our night prayers, BTW), .
>>
>> Cheers.

"Me too". Exporting kaddressbook to Nokia phones is an important
function for me, currently executed through kaddressbook/etch 3.5.5
(3.5.9 had no export to mobile phone function). Gnokii works but
kaddressbook cannot connect wth gnokii, presumably because
kdebluethooth4 is broken in this regard.

Greetings
Andreas

Old 02-28-2009, 05:09 AM
DVW

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to have a native KDE 4 app to make communicate my phone and PDA with my computer, . Strangely it seems not many people in Debian seem to want the same; or perhaps there are some technical difficulties we aren't aware of :-/ These guys do a lot of effort; we all know that and are grateful to them.
Anyway it's a big handicap for Linux to be a real alternative to Windows this distro "slavery". If just there were a really working aptitude-like app which allowed to install form sources and resolve dependencies and updates... Daydreaming, I suppose, but it would be nice.

Cheers

Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Valerio Passini

Alle sabato 28 febbraio 2009, DVW ha scritto:

> Anyway it's a big handicap for Linux to be a real alternative to Windows

> this distro "slavery". If just there were a really working aptitude-like

> app which allowed to install form sources and resolve dependencies and

> updates... Daydreaming, I suppose, but it would be nice.

> Cheers

> El Viernes, 27 de Febrero de 2009 12:20:42 Andreas v. Heydwolff escribió:

It does exist: it's called Gentoo. But be aware of the fact that you must compile and set up everything by yourself. Bye

Valerio