Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Thomas Ibbotson

Default mailcap - trouble editing .mailcap file

I've been trying to get lynx to always open torrent files using
btdownloadcurses. I've been having a problem that when a graphical
display is available (i.e. my desktop) it opens transmission. Now I
managed to find that this was happening due to settings in my
/etc/mailcap file, and that to override that file I needed to add a line
in my .mailcap file. So I added this line:

application/x-bittorrent; /usr/bin/btdownloadcurses --responsefile '%s';
needsterminal

However, when I follow a download link for a torrent in lynx it still
opens transmission. Have I missed something?

Tom