Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Rashkae

Default How to change command line auto-completion rules

I would like to use Xine to play flv files. That's easy enough to
associate with the GUI, but how can I configure the command line
Auto-complete so .flv files are seen as a valid option to pass to xine?
I don't think I need step by step, but I have no idea where to even
begin looking for these rules.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Rashkae

Rashkae wrote:
> I would like to use Xine to play flv files. That's easy enough to
> associate with the GUI, but how can I configure the command line
> Auto-complete so .flv files are seen as a valid option to pass to xine?
> I don't think I need step by step, but I have no idea where to even
> begin looking for these rules.

I don't know what possessed me to spam the list before trying even a
basic Google search. Sorry everyone.

For future posterity, the answer I was looking for was /etc/bash_completion.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 19:52 -0400, Rashkae wrote:
> I would like to use Xine to play flv files. That's easy enough to
> associate with the GUI, but how can I configure the command line
> Auto-complete so .flv files are seen as a valid option to pass to xine?
> I don't think I need step by step, but I have no idea where to even
> begin looking for these rules.

I have never edited it, but it seems to me that /etc/bash_completion
and /etc/bash_completion.d/* are the places to look.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:48 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 20:05 -0400, Rashkae wrote:

> I don't know what possessed me to spam the list before trying even a
> basic Google search. Sorry everyone.

Wow, bogofilter seems to get better and better: it caught this email and
put it in the spam folder
That's why I replied to your question hours after you found the answer
yourself ...