Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 PM
"Raymundo M. Vega"

Default evolution problem

Hi all,

last week after an upgrade of my 7.10 install, my computer
was somewhat slow and i installed xfce4, then realized that
i should have installed xubuntu desktop, so i removed xfce
and installed xubuntu.

After all this evolution is not displayed in the desktop,
i know it is running because it shows with ps. I tried running
it from command line and sending debug info to a file without
luck.

I wonder if someone in the list has experienced something like
this that may help me.

thankx in advance

raymundo

Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM
"John Dangler"

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 17:38 -0500, Raymundo M. Vega wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> last week after an upgrade of my 7.10 install, my computer
> was somewhat slow and i installed xfce4, then realized that
> i should have installed xubuntu desktop, so i removed xfce
> and installed xubuntu.
>
> After all this evolution is not displayed in the desktop,
> i know it is running because it shows with ps. I tried running
> it from command line and sending debug info to a file without
> luck.
>
> I wonder if someone in the list has experienced something like
> this that may help me.
Yes, I have had it happen. Opening a terminal and sudo killall
evolution knocked it out. Then going to the menu and selecting evolution
brought it back up on the desktop.
Although I also have a recurring problem with evolution just shutting
down without warning. It's been happening ever since upgrading to
gutsy. I'm just about to the point of installing outlook on wine just to
get some sanity from this one.

> thankx in advance
>
> raymundo

Jack Dangler
Secure Information Services
Terremark Worldwide
786 871 2352 (Office)
786 219 9865 (Mobile)

Old 11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
"Raymundo M. Vega"

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 18:15 -0500, John Dangler wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 17:38 -0500, Raymundo M. Vega wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > last week after an upgrade of my 7.10 install, my computer
> > was somewhat slow and i installed xfce4, then realized that
> > i should have installed xubuntu desktop, so i removed xfce
> > and installed xubuntu.
> >
> > After all this evolution is not displayed in the desktop,
> > i know it is running because it shows with ps. I tried running
> > it from command line and sending debug info to a file without
> > luck.
> >
> > I wonder if someone in the list has experienced something like
> > this that may help me.
> Yes, I have had it happen. Opening a terminal and sudo killall
> evolution knocked it out. Then going to the menu and selecting evolution
> brought it back up on the desktop.
> Although I also have a recurring problem with evolution just shutting
> down without warning. It's been happening ever since upgrading to
> gutsy. I'm just about to the point of installing outlook on wine just to
> get some sanity from this one.
>
> > thankx in advance
> >
> > raymundo
> >

> > --

I tried it last night and didn't work for me, i am trying to
get my computer back to a known state, this is my first ubuntu
system so i don't know if i can use the install CD to do something
like a recovery. As second choice i was tempted to install and
use my old friend mutt.

probably i will do it tonight.

thankx anyway

raymundo

Old 11-29-2007, 11:06 PM
"John Dangler"

Old 04-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Stéphane ANCELOT

Hi,
WHen I try to emerge evolution I have the mistake
import libxml2

failed

how to solve it
Best Regards
Steph

Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Friday 18 April 2008, Stéphane ANCELOT wrote:
> Hi,
> WHen I try to emerge evolution I have the mistake
> import libxml2
>

> failed
>

> how to solve it
> Best Regards
> Steph

emerge libxml2

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Steve Brettell

For some reason, my Evolution calendar and memo function stopped working.* Whenever I open the calendar, I get the message "Evolution Calendar has stopped working.* Calendar and memo items will not be available until you restart Evolution."* at least that is the way I remember it.* When restarted, the same thing happens.

I reinstalled All of the components of Evolution, and get the same thing.* I've searched the forum and don't see a solution.

does anyone know a fix for this?

SteveB

Old 10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Ulf Rompe

Am Sonntag, den 26.10.2008, 10:36 -0400 schrieb Steve Brettell:
> For some reason, my Evolution calendar and memo function stopped
> working. Whenever I open the calendar, I get the message "Evolution
> Calendar has stopped working. Calendar and memo items will not be
> available until you restart Evolution." at least that is the way I
> remember it. When restarted, the same thing happens.

Did you reboot your system in the meantime? If not, try to quit the data
evolution-data-server by running "evolution --force-shutdown" and then
start evolution again.

[x] ulf
--
Save the whales - Feed the hungry - Free the mallocs

Old 12-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Rod McCown

Trash folder will not expunge. Something made the ~.evolution/Trash go
away. I put one back, but it's not working. Is this a link from
elsewhere. Anyone else had this problem?
Thanks.
--
Rod McCown
Unix System Administrator

"Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Merry Christmas to all."

Old 12-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 17:39 -0600, Rod McCown wrote:
> Trash folder will not expunge. Something made the ~.evolution/Trash go
> away. I put one back, but it's not working. Is this a link from
> elsewhere. Anyone else had this problem?

What do you mean you "put one back"? Trash is a virtual folder. It
doesn't physically exist anywhere except within Evo. It's not a file or
directory on your machine or on the server.

See
http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Why_do_I_have_two_Trash_folders_for_the_same_a ccount.3F and other questions at the same site.

poc