Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
"Pedro Francisco"

Default Faulty mirrors

Hello!
Is there an easy way to find out if a mirror is up to date?

I changed mirrors a while ago and had 75MB of updates which weren't available on the other one...

P.S.: it was not one of XX.archive.ubuntu.com mirrors but still, it was one of the mirrors listed in "Software Sources".

TIA,
--
Pedro

Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Rashkae

Pedro Francisco wrote:
> Hello!
> Is there an easy way to find out if a mirror is up to date?
>
> I changed mirrors a while ago and had 75MB of updates which weren't
> available on the other one...
>
> P.S.: it was not one of XX.archive.ubuntu.com mirrors but still, it was one
> of the mirrors listed in "Software Sources".
>
> TIA,

Check the date stamp on packages.gz? They probably get updated at least
once every other day.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Pedro Francisco

Sorry for the delay, my Evolution doesn't show my own e-mail in the
Mailing list so I had an hard time tracking down my own e-mail.

Here it is:

Packages.gz 24-Apr-2008 07:05 1.4M

in http://ubuntu.dcc.fc.up.pt/dists/hardy/main/binary-i386/

Do note: this mirror is NOT in