Old 05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
norman

Default deleted items folder

I have 3 folders which will not delete from the deleted items folder.
Could some kind person tell me why and how to remove them, please.

Norman

Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Avi Greenbury

On Tue, 13 May 2008 11:39:59 +0100
norman <norman@littletank.org> wrote:

> I have 3 folders which will not delete from the deleted items folder.
> Could some kind person tell me why and how to remove them, please.

How are you trying to delete them? What error message is popping up?

At a guess, I'd say the problem is ownership - can you delete them as root?

If you're doing it from the commandline, either use
rm -r <directory to delete>
or, if they're empty
rmdir <directory to delete>
will work, too.
rm, by default, will not remove directories.
--
Avi Greenbury

Old 05-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Ken Adams

I have had exactly this problem my self. I tis all to do with
permissions. I resolved this by entering the Trash directory as Root and
deleting everything manually.

cd .local/share/Trash/files from your home directory and you can "sudo
rm " to your hearts content.

HTH

Rgds Ken

Old 05-13-2008, 01:52 PM
norman

> I have had exactly this problem my self. I tis all to do with
> permissions. I resolved this by entering the Trash directory as Root and
> deleting everything manually.

Thanks to you and Avi for your excellent help, directories removed.

Norman