-   -   dkim-filter installation error. (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/86621-dkim-filter-installation-error.html)

"Data Center" 05-12-2008 09:40 PM

dkim-filter installation error.

I am having problems getting the dkim-filter package to
install properly.

*

Tried this several times, using the ubuntu documentation https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/mail-filtering.html

*on fresh 8.04 server install

*

My searches have not yielded anything helpful so I’m
posting here.

*

Keep getting the following error after running the
installation:

*

sudo apt-get install dkim-filter

*

* dkim-filter

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not
upgraded.

Need to get 0B/236kB of archives.

After this operation, 594kB of additional disk space will be
used.

Selecting previously deselected package dkim-filter.

(Reading database ... 18084 files and directories currently
installed.)

Unpacking dkim-filter (from
.../dkim-filter_2.5.4.dfsg-0ubuntu2_i386.deb) ...

Setting up dkim-filter (2.5.4.dfsg-0ubuntu2) ...

adduser: Warning: The home directory `/var/run/dkim-filter'
does not belong to the user you are currently creating.

Starting DKIM Filter: dkim-filter: /etc/dkim-filter.conf: at
least one selector and key required for signing mode

invoke-rc.d: initscript dkim-filter, action
"start" failed.

dpkg: error processing dkim-filter (--configure):

*subprocess post-installation script returned error
exit status 78

*dkim-filter

*

*