Old 05-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Francis Earl

Default Evolution: Ubuntu public keys

A lot of people on this list have public keys, likely via
keys.ubuntu.com, as do I...

My question is, how would I configure Evolution to recognize such keys
from others on the mailing list? It always tells me "Public Key not
available" etc...

Thank you for any assistance.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 04:14 -0700, Francis Earl wrote:
> A lot of people on this list have public keys, likely via
> keys.ubuntu.com, as do I...
>
> My question is, how would I configure Evolution to recognize such keys
> from others on the mailing list? It always tells me "Public Key not
> available" etc...
>
> Thank you for any assistance.

On Ubuntu 8.04, I _think_ you need to go to System > Preferences >
Encryption and Keyrings > tab Key Servers > Automatically retrieve keys
from keyservers

Old 05-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Francis Earl

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 16:59 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 04:14 -0700, Francis Earl wrote:
> > A lot of people on this list have public keys, likely via
> > keys.ubuntu.com, as do I...
> >
> > My question is, how would I configure Evolution to recognize such keys
> > from others on the mailing list? It always tells me "Public Key not
> > available" etc...
> >
> > Thank you for any assistance.
>
> On Ubuntu 8.04, I _think_ you need to go to System > Preferences >
> Encryption and Keyrings > tab Key Servers > Automatically retrieve keys
> from keyservers

That appears to be what I wanted, thank you