Old 05-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Doug Stewart

Default noob question How to change from 64bit to 32bit

I have hardy 64 bit and would like to change to 32 bit.

I want everything related to 64 bit to be removed
but keep my OO files and pictures etc.

What is the best way to do this?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 AM
"Steve Flynn"

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Doug Stewart <dastew@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I have hardy 64 bit and would like to change to 32 bit.
>
> I want everything related to 64 bit to be removed
> but keep my OO files and pictures etc.
>
> What is the best way to do this?

To be absolutely clean you really need to back up all of your
documents, ~ and all of it's subdirectories, format and reinstall
Ubuntu 32bit from scratch followed by restoring all of your documents
and ~.

Failure to do so may leave 64 bit libraries mingled with the 32 bit
versions and that would be a nightmare.

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0