Old 05-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Colin Brace

Default 8.04: audio keeps crashing

Hi all,

I am having recurring problems with the audio subsystem dying on my laptop
with 8.04 installed. It happens regularly after resuming from suspend as
well as under other circumstances.

I try resurrecting it by restarting just about every daemon I can think of
in /etc/init.d -- hal, dbus, alsasound, alsa-utils, pulseaudio -- to no
avail. Restarting X isn't enough; I have to reboot.

Under 7.10, I wasn't encountering this problem. Alas, I did the upgrade
with apt-get rather than using Update Manager; maybe it left the system in
an imperfect state.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks.

--