Old 05-09-2008, 12:47 AM
"Sastry, Akella V.S."

Default Does ubuntu work with intel DG33FB board ?

Does Ubuntu recognize the integrated 82566DC network card which requires e1000 driver from intel?
I had problems with suse 10.1

Thanks
Regads
Sastry

Old 05-12-2008, 06:19 AM
"Felipe Figueiredo"

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Sastry, Akella V.S.
<akella.sastry@hp.com> wrote:
> Does Ubuntu recognize the integrated 82566DC network card which requires e1000 driver from intel?
> I had problems with suse 10.1

Probably. If I'm not mistaken, this card uses the newer e1000e driver
(instead of the e1000), which is available from Ubuntu 8.04 default
kernel. If your pci id is 8086:294c, I know the last version (7.10)
worked, as I tested it (unfortunately for me, Debian does not, but
that's a whole other story).

You can try the livecd to be sure before installing, but I'm almost
sure it does.

regards
FF