Old 05-12-2008, 03:12 AM
"Gunawan"

Default Install Alien

Hi there,
I have search on alternate cd dan found alien*.deb and many other file that
maybe require when installing alien.
I would like to know why I can not use apt-get install alien to install it
from alternate cd?
And so with mono, I would like to install mono and alternate cd provide many
binary of mono.

I knew that to get source online is better but my issue is some ubuntu boxes
are offline.
Regards,
Gunawan

Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 PM
NoOp

On 05/11/2008 08:12 PM, Gunawan wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have search on alternate cd dan found alien*.deb and many other file that
> maybe require when installing alien.
> I would like to know why I can not use apt-get install alien to install it
> from alternate cd?
> And so with mono, I would like to install mono and alternate cd provide many
> binary of mono.
>
> I knew that to get source online is better but my issue is some ubuntu boxes
> are offline.

https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/add-applications/C/index.html

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoftwareManagement
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptCdrom

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/
[search box, upper right hand of your screen]