Old 05-11-2008, 06:59 PM
"Dirk Tamme"

Default Soundchip Realtek ALC888

Hi,
my PC has a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mainboard with sound-chip Realtek ALC888.
I downloaded the driver from realtek.com.tw and installed following the description given in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=550753&page=11
The driver directory contains a subfolder alsa-lib*. When I perform the
"sudo ./configure" there, I get the following error:
conftest.c:10:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:3932: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */
I continued the installation, tested then (using GNOME) the sound configuration, but I get the error msg "Konnte die Ressource nicht zum Schreiben öffnen" (Could not open the ressource for writing).

Google shows several entries concerning ALC888 for Linux, but I did not find the solution, and so I ask for help.

Dirk T.