Old 05-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Tom Rausner

Default Can't empty paperbin... ?!

Hi folks !

I've just experienced something odd. I have pushed a lot of files into
the paperbin and now it will not get empty. Is it a kind of
too-big-bounch-of-files-in-the-bin-bug ? And what do I do to get them to
go away ? Tried to restart the computer but they are still there.

Tom Rausner

Old 05-11-2008, 11:53 AM
"Shawn McCuan"

I've just experienced something odd. I have pushed a lot of files into

the paperbin and now it will not get empty. Is it a kind of

too-big-bounch-of-files-in-the-bin-bug ? And what do I do to get them to

go away ? Tried to restart the computer but they are still there.

Tom Rausner

Try removing the items manually from: /home/YOURUSERNAME/.local/share/Trash/files/
See if that helps you out any.
--
Shawn McCuan
smccuan@gmail.com

Support a national popular vote in the US!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact
http://www.nationalpopularvote.com

Old 05-11-2008, 11:55 AM
"Shawn McCuan"

I've just experienced something odd. I have pushed a lot of files into

the paperbin and now it will not get empty. Is it a kind of

too-big-bounch-of-files-in-the-bin-bug ? And what do I do to get them to

go away ? Tried to restart the computer but they are still there.

Tom Rausner

Try removing the items manually from: /home/YOURUSERNAME/.local/share/Trash/files/
See if that helps you out any.
--
Shawn McCuan

smccuan@gmail.com

Support a national popular vote in the US!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

http://www.nationalpopularvote.com

Oh yes, and if you're still having problems, open a terminal and run nautilus as root...then try to delete them:

sudo nautilus /home/YOURUSERNAME/.local/share/Trash/files/

Old 05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Tom Rausner

sn, 11 05 2008 kl. 07:53 -0400, skrev Shawn McCuan:

> Try removing the items manually
> from: /home/YOURUSERNAME/.local/share/Trash/files/
> See if that helps you out any.

I'll try that.

--
Tom Rausner