Old 05-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Chris G

Default How to get an older (stable) version of a program?

I need to install rdiff-backup version 1.0.5 (the current stable
version) instead of the 1.1.15 that installs by default on Ubuntu 7.10.
I need to do this because different versions of rdiff-backup don't
work together and every other system I use has version 1.0.5 so I need
1.0.5 on the Ubuntu system as well.

Is there any official/proper way of doing this or will I just have to:-

apt-get remove rdiff-backup

and then build/install 1.0.5 from the distributed source?

--
Chris Green

Old 05-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Derek Broughton

Chris G wrote:

> I need to install rdiff-backup version 1.0.5 (the current stable
> version) instead of the 1.1.15 that installs by default on Ubuntu 7.10.
> I need to do this because different versions of rdiff-backup don't
> work together and every other system I use has version 1.0.5 so I need
> 1.0.5 on the Ubuntu system as well.
>
> Is there any official/proper way of doing this or will I just have to:-
>
> apt-get remove rdiff-backup
>
> and then build/install 1.0.5 from the distributed source?

aptitude install rdiff-backup=1.1.15

You may need to add obsolete repositories to be able to find it, though. Go
to packages.ubuntu.com to find out the exact version number (there may be
more digits and characters after 1.1.15) and what repository.
--
derek