Old 05-10-2008, 07:52 PM
John K Masters

Default HTML mail - a gentle reminder

Can we all please observe the mailing list etiquette guidelines and,
amongst other things, refrain from posting in HTML. To quote from the
official guidelines:-

<quote>
HTML Mail

Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible. Some people may find
it more difficult to read or reply to these emails. Also, HTML email
takes up more space, so people with restricted internet access will be
happier to receive plain text emails.
<unquote>

Posting in plain text is also more likely to get you an answer to your
problem.

Thanks, John
--
I wish I was young enough to know everything.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
R Kimber

On Sat, 10 May 2008 20:52:05 +0100
John K Masters wrote:

> Can we all please observe the mailing list etiquette guidelines and,
> amongst other things, refrain from posting in HTML. To quote from the
> official guidelines:-

Well, yes. But a good email client can cope with this. On the other
hand, not snipping is a real pain. Bottom posting a one line reply to
a long message is my bete noir.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

Old 05-10-2008, 09:21 PM
John K Masters

On 22:04 Sat 10 May , R Kimber wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 2008 20:52:05 +0100
> John K Masters wrote:
>
> > Can we all please observe the mailing list etiquette guidelines and,
> > amongst other things, refrain from posting in HTML. To quote from the
> > official guidelines:-
>
> Well, yes. But a good email client can cope with this. On the other
> hand, not snipping is a real pain. Bottom posting a one line reply to
> a long message is my bete noir.

Agreed. My .mailcap file copes with most stuff but I still would rather
see postings as plain text. As for one line replies to long quotes, I
very rarely bother to read posts that do not contain replies within the
first page. T-prot is useful for hiding overlong sigs. I've seen some
sigs that run to over 20 lines.

Regards, John
--
I wish I was young enough to know everything.