Old 05-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Anthony Gardner

Default Hardy: VLC and Dimming screen

When using VLC, my monitor dims. Anyone had similar experience?

Machine: Dellbuntu XPS 1330
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

-Ants

Disclaimer: Technically, I'm always wrong!!

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Marc

Anthony Gardner schreef:
> When using VLC, my monitor dims. Anyone had similar experience?
>
> Machine: Dellbuntu XPS 1330
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
>
> -Ants
>
> Disclaimer: Technically, I'm always wrong!!

I use VLC in this script, called from a button in my KDE panel.

I even use vlc-plugin-firefox, and find it better than the win32 stuff...

"The local news show": ;-)

vandaag=`date "+%Y%m%d"`

echo
"http://www.iwatch.be/2007/asx.php?filename=http://streaming.vtm.be/VTM/agility/"$vandaag"_hn19.wmv"

vlc -f
"http://www.iwatch.be/2007/asx.php?filename=http://streaming.vtm.be/VTM/agility/"$vandaag"_hn19.wmv"

Marc

Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch, Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, ...
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/ Updated every month or so ....

Old 05-10-2008, 07:18 PM
NoOp

On 05/10/2008 11:09 AM, Anthony Gardner wrote:
> When using VLC, my monitor dims. Anyone had similar experience?
>
> Machine: Dellbuntu XPS 1330
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated
> Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

No. But you can try turning dimming off to see if that works:

Alt-F2: gconf-editor
apps|gnome-power-manager|ambient|enable - un-tick or
apps|gnome-power-manager|backlight|idle_dim_time

That is of course a guess, so be sure to mark what you've changed, and
what it was before you changed it.