Old 11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Geoffrey Lane

Default xunbutu. Can't get xfce to startup correctly in vnc (no desktop or toolbars)

I want a simple tightvnc service to start xfce4.

I've tried simply using xfce4startup and also xfce-session /
xfce4startup to get xfce4 in tightvnc's ~/.vnc/xstartup.
I get the mouse splashscreen but then no toolbars or desktop icons. I've
looked for a howto online but
not found anything specific on ubuntus documents, forum, or google /
xfce website so want to ask for
help.

If someone knows which ~/.vnc/xstartup I should use. Please post here or
email me
Thanks
Geoff