Old 05-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Donald Iddings

Default 8.04 Hardy Desktop Effects

Fresh install of 8.04 on a T60 Thinkpad all Intel, I remember from 7.10
support mailing lists I think but lost all my emails from then, is there
an upgrade available in the package manager to enhance the 8.04 default
desktop effects?

Old 05-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 09:33 -0400, Donald Iddings wrote:
> I remember from 7.10 support mailing lists I think but lost all my
> emails from then,

Google probably still has them

> is there an upgrade available in the package manager to enhance the
> 8.04 default desktop effects?

Install compizconfig-settings-manager, then look in menu System >
Preferences > Advanced Desktop Effects Settings

Old 05-12-2008, 12:54 AM
"Terrell Prudé Jr."

Mario Vukelic wrote:

I remember from 7.10 support mailing lists I think but lost all my
emails from then,

Google probably still has them

is there an upgrade available in the package manager to enhance the
8.04 default desktop effects?

Install compizconfig-settings-manager, then look in menu System >
Preferences > Advanced Desktop Effects Settings

This works on Kubuntu Hardy as well.* I do this on the box at work.

--TP