-   -   8.04 and KVM switch (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/85175-8-04-kvm-switch.html)

"Jack Hanebach" 05-09-2008 06:35 PM

8.04 and KVM switch

Hi,

I have a problem when hooked up to kvm (ps/2) switch. after switching
out and back in mouse wheel stops working.
My guess is the driver, after switching out, falls back into "generic"

Any hints how to make it keep the original settings?

TIA

"Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]" 05-09-2008 06:58 PM

8.04 and KVM switch

Jack Hanebach skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem when hooked up to kvm (ps/2) switch. after switching
> out and back in mouse wheel stops working.
> My guess is the driver, after switching out, falls back into "generic"
>
> Any hints how to make it keep the original settings?
>
> TIA

I'm assuming that it's the windows based side of things that have the
problem, at least that's what i experienced, my Mint (Ubuntu based) was
fine, but after a switch back and forth my WinXP lost the use of the
scroll wheel. The solution was to unload the Mousespecific driver SW and
let Windows handle things, after that - no prob.

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** CW: Who? Me? You must be joking!! **
email: peter(no-spam-filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail:
Peter Frenning
Ternevej 23
DK-4130 Viby Sj.
Denmark

"Jack Hanebach" 05-09-2008 09:02 PM

8.04 and KVM switch

Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] wrote:

> I'm assuming that it's the windows based side of things that have the
> problem

Unfortunately no. The wheel stops working in Ubuntu, works fine in
windoze... :(

NoOp 05-09-2008 11:31 PM

8.04 and KVM switch

On 05/09/2008 02:02 PM, Jack Hanebach wrote:
> Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming that it's the windows based side of things that have the
>> problem
>
> Unfortunately no. The wheel stops working in Ubuntu, works fine in
> windoze... :(

Check your mouse section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and see if it is only
configured for a generic mouse. Here is the section from one of my machines:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

On a fresh hardy install using the automagical Xorg 7.3 it only shows:

"Dotan Cohen" 05-10-2008 12:46 AM

8.04 and KVM switch

2008/5/9 Jack Hanebach <jhanebach@svresearch.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem when hooked up to kvm (ps/2) switch. after switching
> out and back in mouse wheel stops working.
> My guess is the driver, after switching out, falls back into "generic"
>
> Any hints how to make it keep the original settings?
>
> TIA

Is it a Belkin KVM? If so, then give up now. Or start searching the
Fedora mailing list archives, circa FC3 and FC4 if you want to get
frustrated before you decide to ditch Belkin.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.