FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Kenneth Loafman
 
Default Help Turning Off Ctrl Cursor Bullseye

Folks,

I'm running Hardy with Visual Effects turned off (set to None).

Somehow I managed to turn on the function where hitting the Ctrl key
causes a bullseye to appear around the cursor and I don't even know what
its called, or how I did it. This may be nice, but its interfering with
some websites and some data entry, so I want to get rid of it, but HOW?

I have searched all the Compiz applets, but no joy. Help!

...Thanks,
...Ken

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Mario Vukelic
 
Default Help Turning Off Ctrl Cursor Bullseye

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 12:03 -0500, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Somehow I managed to turn on the function where hitting the Ctrl key
> causes a bullseye to appear around the cursor and I don't even know what
> its called, or how I did it. This may be nice, but its interfering with
> some websites and some data entry, so I want to get rid of it, but HOW?
>
> I have searched all the Compiz applets, but no joy. Help!

That's not a compiz feature. See menu System > Preferences > Mouse >
Show position of pointer ...

Duh


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Kenneth Loafman
 
Default Help Turning Off Ctrl Cursor Bullseye

On Fri, 09 May 2008 19:14:47 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 12:03 -0500, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>> Somehow I managed to turn on the function where hitting the Ctrl key
>> causes a bullseye to appear around the cursor and I don't even know
>> what its called, or how I did it. This may be nice, but its
>> interfering with some websites and some data entry, so I want to get
>> rid of it, but HOW?
>>
>> I have searched all the Compiz applets, but no joy. Help!
>
> That's not a compiz feature. See menu System > Preferences > Mouse >
> Show position of pointer ...
>
> Duh

Duh is right. Spent all my time looking at Compiz and forgot the simple
stuff. Thanks for the help!

...Ken


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 05-10-2008, 01:19 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"
 
Default Help Turning Off Ctrl Cursor Bullseye

Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@loafman.com> said:
> Duh is right. Spent all my time looking at Compiz and forgot the
> simple stuff. Thanks for the help!
>
> ...Ken

Don't feel badly; I've used Ubuntu since the beginning and had no idea
that that feature existed. I guess I've never had an issue with mice
and didn't need to investigate.
And, BTW, it's danged cool!

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes
"The Barsoom Project"

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org