Old 05-09-2008, 01:55 PM
"PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE"

Default How to

How to setup and use Ethernet over USB (in a similar way to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EthernetOverFirewire*).
*
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_over_USB
*
One could create https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EthernetOverUsb to use DHCP in USB cell modems (Huawei E220) for zero configuration (plug and surf the Internet).
*
Regards.
*
Pedro.--

Old 03-13-2011, 12:28 AM
hutama dibya

Dear all,
*
I am new to Ubuntu. I want to use dual OS, Ubuntu and XP, with Ubuntu as the main OS and XP as the second. Could you tell me how to install these OS. What Program I need to down load and from where.
I usually work with Ms Office like Word, excell, Power point and some video & sound editting, which I used to teach the students.
Thank you very much for your kind attention and help.
*
Best Regards,
*
Dibya Hutama

Old 03-13-2011, 12:53 AM
"Todd O'Bryan"

You'll want to download the Ubuntu install CD and install it beside
your Windows XP on the same hard drive. You will then be able to
dual-boot. When you start the computer, it will let you choose either
Ubuntu or Windows XP.

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Welcome to the community!

Old 03-13-2011, 02:02 AM
hutama dibya

Dear Todd O'Bryan,
*
Thank you very much for your information. I've already download your suggestion "ubuntu-10.10-desktop-i386". Do I have to install in the same hard drive with different partition ? How about the office replacement program and also the video/audio editting program ? Where can I find those pprograms ? I intend to completely remove XP and change to Ubuntu if it is better and easy to get/operate.
Thank you very much for bothering me with the advice, since I'm completely new to Ubuntu.
*
Best regards,
Dibya Hutama

Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 AM
hutama dibya

Dear David Clinton,
*
Thank you very much for your information. I've tried to install the Ubuntu program/OS but I can't make the Ubuntu CD to boot up the computer. Is it because I still use the XP OS ? I use Infra Recorder from XP. Is it a wrong method ? Or is it another flaw ?
Would you be so kind to teach me the steps to make dual OS and making the Boot CD for the UBuntu disc. The Ubuntu OS won't start. There is not any screen to choose which OS I prefer.
I think I can't thank you all enough since I feel so most welcome in this community. It seems the whole community eager to help me to solve my problem. Please do forgive my ignorance in this Ubuntu OS. TQ. I promise you all not to give up in trying this.
*
Best Regards,
Dibya Hutama