Old 05-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Michele

Default Help with resume from hibernation Cisco Aironet pcmcia WLAN card

Hello,

I have a fairly old Compaq N610c laptop and I have the following problem:
when resuming from hibernation my USB ports as well as my Cisco
Aironet pcmcia card stop working.
I can reactivate the usb ports by removing and re-inserting the
following module:
ehci_hcd
i.e. giving the following command:
sudo modprobe -r -v ehci_hcd && sudo modprobe -v ehci_hcd

Is there a similar trick for the pcmcia card?
I tried to play with the pccardctl but did not achieve much (although
I wonder if I am doing things right).

I will be happy to provide any information that may be needed to debug this.
Note (if of any help) that in order to boot the laptop with the card
inserted I had to blacklist the following:
padlock_aes
geode_aes

Cheers,

Michele

Old 05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Derek Broughton

Michele wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a fairly old Compaq N610c laptop and I have the following problem:
> when resuming from hibernation my USB ports as well as my Cisco
> Aironet pcmcia card stop working.
> I can reactivate the usb ports by removing and re-inserting the
> following module:
> ehci_hcd
> i.e. giving the following command:
> sudo modprobe -r -v ehci_hcd && sudo modprobe -v ehci_hcd

With the acpi-support package, you should just be able to use the following
in /etc/defaults/acpi-support:

# Add modules to this list to have them removed before suspend and reloaded
# on resume. An example would be MODULES="em8300 yenta_socket"
#
# Note that network cards and USB controllers will automatically be unloaded
# unless they're listed in MODULES_WHITELIST
MODULES="ehci_hcd"

However, as it says, the modules really should be removed anyway (the
network code, iirc, goes through every active interface, ifdowns the
interface and rmmods the associated module, then does the reverse on
resume).

> Is there a similar trick for the pcmcia card?

Should be exactly the same, but with whatever module an Aironet card uses.
--
derek