Old 05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
"Gunawan"

Default Windows Form

Hi there,
How to make .Net Application such as Windows Form application that build
with .NetFrameworks 2.0 can run under ubuntu?
Regards,
Gun

Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Luca Ferrari

On Friday 9 May 2008 Gunawan's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> Hi there,
> How to make .Net Application such as Windows Form application that build
> with .NetFrameworks 2.0 can run under ubuntu?

I'm not an expert, but you have to use Mono.

Luca

Old 05-12-2008, 07:29 AM
"Alan Milnes"

On 09/05/2008, Gunawan <jgun98.milis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> How to make .Net Application such as Windows Form application that build
> with .NetFrameworks 2.0 can run under ubuntu?

Three options -

1) Mono

2) Wine

3) A virtual Windows Machine - VMWare or Virtual Box.

Alan

Old 05-12-2008, 08:59 AM
"Jonathan Gunawan"

I'll try mono... Virtual Machine is not a good choice coz we still
need Windows License.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Marc

Gunawan schreef:
> Hi there,
> How to make .Net Application such as Windows Form application that build
> with .NetFrameworks 2.0 can run under ubuntu?
> Regards,
> Gun

Not an answer to your question, but there is mono for those with Visual
Basic.,

and there is ...
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/
for those with Delphi / Pascal.
That would allow many people to transfer their application to
win32/linux/os x etc... (and even vista I suppose)

That's fine. If you gotta choose, which language is the clearest??
(the one your teacher gave you ;-)

Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch, Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, ...
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/swlist/ Updated every month or so ....

Old 05-12-2008, 11:04 AM
"Jonathan Gunawan"

I have application that already build using .net framework.
If we migrate to ubuntu, I hope that I souldnot redevelop that application.