Old 05-09-2008, 07:52 AM
"Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]"

Default 8.04 (32Bit) on Intel Dual Core laptop with Phoenix BIOS: No CD and no Bluetooth Mouse

The Machine is a Zepto 6625WD (SATA Devices) (Intel Santa Rosa based) -
Runs Vista 64Bit (Yikes) like a dream, everything works.
Runs WinXP 32Bit with some problems (no sound, USB F..... Up)
Runs Ubuntu 8.04 32Bit/64Bit with a few problems (can't use 64 Bit yet
because I need Skype and VirtualBox), It can't find the CD/DVD drive,
and my Bluetooth mouse wont work, it is found and recognized, but I get
an "Couldn't display "obex://[00:5A:6C:9B:43]/"; Error: Host Down,
please select another xxxxxx (fremviser in Danish) and try again".

Have tried to DualBoot (grub) 8.04 with Vista, and it works, but with
BOTH systems without access to CD/DVD, which points to BIOS interaction
problems.

Any ideas? (My ideal setup would be Ubuntu with WinXP/Win2k in
VirtualBox, but I do need CD/DVD access and I have a few Win
applications which I must have, and which will not run on Wine)

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** CW: Who? Me? You must be joking!! **
email: peter(no-spam-filler)@frenning.dk