Old 05-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Thomas Kempkes

Default Canon PIXMA iP1000 driver

Rick <rufus@hanadari.net> wrote:
> Hi!

> Anyone know where I can get hold of a Linux driver for my Canon PIXMA
> iP1000 printer?

http://www.turboprint.info/ lists this printer as supported. It is not
freeware, but I use it with my iP5200, it was the only way to get this
printer working and it works really fine with turboprint.
You can first test it as shareware and then see if you are willing to
buy it.

> Thanks in advance.

> Rick

BYe Thomas

--
I must be a Taoist: everyone keeps telling me I'm in the Way.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Rick

Thomas Kempkes wrote:
> Rick <rufus@hanadari.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Anyone know where I can get hold of a Linux driver for my Canon PIXMA
>> iP1000 printer?
>>
> http://www.turboprint.info/ lists this printer as supported. It is not
> freeware, but I use it with my iP5200, it was the only way to get this
> printer working and it works really fine with turboprint.
> You can first test it as shareware and then see if you are willing to
> buy it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>> Rick
>>

> BYe Thomas

Thanks.

TurboPrint has a free version for non-commercial use, which I downloaded
and installed. Actually it installed itself, even identified and added a
couple of missing dependencies. It seems to work fine. Unfortunately,
the "free" edition prints a big and colorful TurboPrint logo at the top
of the page, rendering it useless except as a test. Guess I'll have to
start saving for the paid version. At least I know there is a driver.
Thanks again.

By the way, I couldn't help wondering. Are you any relation to Thomas
Kempis*?

*Rick*
*
--
This comes to you from Deep-Thought VII: Rick's digital office,
classroom and entertainment center

Old 05-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Thomas Kempkes

Rick <rufus@hanadari.net> wrote:
> TurboPrint has a free version for non-commercial use, which I downloaded
> and installed. Actually it installed itself, even identified and added a
> couple of missing dependencies. It seems to work fine. Unfortunately,
> the "free" edition prints a big and colorful TurboPrint logo at the top
> of the page, rendering it useless except as a test. Guess I'll have to
> start saving for the paid version. At least I know there is a driver.
> Thanks again.

I think the documentation sais, that this is for testing purposes, but
IIRC the print in 300dpi is free of it, but not of best quality though.
I have tested it and insted of buying a new printer bought turboprint. I
never regretted this.

> By the way, I couldn't help wondering. Are you any relation to Thomas
> Kempis*?

Who is that? None that I know of, but my birth name is not Kempkes
anyway...

> *Rick*
> *

BYe Thomas

--
I embrace poverty! To annoy me, send money.