Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 PM
"Nik N"

Default beagle

Does Ubuntu 8.04 (which I just installed) includes Beagle search
daemon by default? How do I find out? If it does, how do I remove it?
TIA
niknot

Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Leif Gregory

On Thu, 8 May 2008 19:56:56 +0000
"Nik N" <niknot@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does Ubuntu 8.04 (which I just installed) includes Beagle search
> daemon by default? How do I find out? If it does, how do I remove it?
> TIA
> niknot

dpkg -l beagle

If the first two characters on the line are ii then it's installed. If
it's rc, then you removed it.

I would guess to remove it

sudo apt-get remove beagle

--
Leif Gregory
Power Wagon Registry: http://powerwagonregistry.org

Old 05-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 19:56 +0000, Nik N wrote:
> Does Ubuntu 8.04 (which I just installed) includes Beagle search
> daemon by default? How do I find out? If it does, how do I remove it?

No, it uses Tracker. If you want to disable this too, use Google to
search the list archive. This has been discussed ad nauseam.