Old 05-08-2008, 02:14 AM
"Alfonso Maschio"

Default Noob Question

Hi all, i want to ask is someone know a guide or a "how to", to install Ldoms over ubuntu in SPARC architectures.
Thks a lot and very sorry for my bad English.
--
Maschio, Alfonso

Old 05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Derek Broughton

Alfonso Maschio wrote:

> On 5/7/08, Alfonso Maschio <maschioalfonso@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all, i want to ask is someone know a guide or a "how to", to install
>> Ldoms over ubuntu in SPARC architectures.
>> Thks a lot and very sorry for my bad English.

Sorry for your frustration, but (a) what makes you think it's a "noob"
question - I doubt many of us have a clue what you're asking about, and (b)
this is an Ubuntu list, so the majority of us probably have never installed
_anything_ on a SPARC architecture. I'm sure you'd have better chances of
success on a SPARC list.
--
derek

Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 PM
"Alfonso Maschio"

Thaks for asking Derek, but i only find the ubuntu-users list. Can u pass me the Ubuntu-Sparc mailing list? Thaks a lot.
I put noob because i think that instaling in x86 Architecture is as easy to in Sparc, But i can see that is not.

Again, Sorry for my bad English.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM
"Alfonso Maschio"

And if u want to know what are Ldoms queres they are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Domains
See u

Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Avi Greenbury

On Thu, 8 May 2008 19:52:38 -0300
"Alfonso Maschio" <maschioalfonso@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thaks for asking Derek, but i only find the ubuntu-users list. Can u pass me
> the Ubuntu-Sparc mailing list? Thaks a lot.

It's not a list, but given the apparent lack of Ubuntu/SPARC experience on here, it might be worth having a look at the forum:

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146

--
Avi Greenbury

Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 PM
michael crane

Alfonso Maschio wrote:
> Thaks for asking Derek, but i only find the ubuntu-users list. Can u
> pass me the Ubuntu-Sparc mailing list? Thaks a lot.
> I put noob because i think that instaling in x86 Architecture is as easy
> to in Sparc, But i can see that is not.
> Again, Sorry for my bad English.

googling I found this. dunno what it means.
http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2275
bsd land might be more sparc friendly but I'm a noob too so I'm just
guessing.
mick

Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 PM
"Alfonso Maschio"

Thanks Michael i really appreciated your help, but a i need a Linux kernel to experiment. But thanks any way.

On 5/8/08, michael crane <crane@ukfsn.org> wrote:
Alfonso Maschio wrote:
> Thaks for asking Derek, but i only find the ubuntu-users list. Can u
> pass me the Ubuntu-Sparc mailing list? Thaks a lot.
> I put noob because i think that instaling in x86 Architecture is as easy

> to in Sparc, But i can see that is not.
> Again, Sorry for my bad English.

googling I found this. dunno what it means.
http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2275

bsd land might be more sparc friendly but I'm a noob too so I'm just
guessing.
mick

> On 5/8/08, *Derek Broughton* <news@pointerstop.ca

> <mailto:news@pointerstop.ca>> wrote:
>
>**** Alfonso Maschio wrote:
>
>******>
>******>
>******> On 5/7/08, Alfonso Maschio <maschioalfonso@gmail.com

>**** <mailto:maschioalfonso@gmail.com>> wrote:
>******>>
>******>> Hi all, i want to ask is someone know a guide or a "how to", to

>**** install
>******>> Ldoms over ubuntu in SPARC architectures.
>******>> Thks a lot and very sorry for my bad English.
>

>**** Sorry for your frustration, but (a) what makes you think it's a "noob"

>**** question - I doubt many of us have a clue what you're asking about,
>**** and (b)
>**** this is an Ubuntu list, so the majority of us probably have never
>**** installed
>**** _anything_ on a SPARC architecture.**I'm sure you'd have better

>**** chances of
>**** success on a SPARC list.
>**** --
>**** derek
>

>**** --

>**** ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

> Maschio, Alfonso

Maschio, Alfonso

Old 05-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Derek Broughton

Alfonso Maschio wrote:

> Thaks for asking Derek, but i only find the ubuntu-users list. Can u pass
> me the Ubuntu-Sparc mailing list? Thaks a lot.
> I put noob because i think that instaling in x86 Architecture is as easy
> to in Sparc, But i can see that is not.

Sorry, I wasn't even aware that Ubuntu _could_ be installed in Sparc.
--
derek

Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 PM
"Miano, Steven M."

> bounces@lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Derek Broughton
> Subject: Re: Noob Question
>
> Alfonso Maschio wrote:
>
> > Thaks for asking Derek, but i only find the ubuntu-users list. Can u
> pass
> > me the Ubuntu-Sparc mailing list? Thaks a lot.
> > I put noob because i think that instaling in x86 Architecture is as easy
> > to in Sparc, But i can see that is not.
>
> Sorry, I wasn't even aware that Ubuntu _could_ be installed in Sparc.
> --
> Derek

I've seen several times that only the server edition is supported on SPARC architectures. However, I have yet to see it on a release page at all.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/Sparc

May be the best help for you.

Regards,

Steven