Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
"John P. Chambers, LMFT, CSW, LPC"

Default hard disk management

downloaded ubuntu 8.04 and booted up using the CD. I have a new hard drive on my
computer 500G WD. Using the material in Ubuntu, all I saw was a sccsi drive with
no identification or size, I would like to format the disk and load ubuntu on
it. Other disks include data and XP and I don't want to overwrite them. If I
can't format with ubuntu, I can load another 500G drive that has Mandriva on it
and format that way. I just assumed that ubuntu must have a way of finding the
drive and formatting it.
*
Thanks,
John
*
Main Email
address:
John@DiscoveryOffice.com
mailto:John@DiscoveryOffice.com
-------
Sender: John P.
Chambers*** Business: Discovery Center, Inc.
Hm. Ph. (713)
465-4209**** **** Bus. Ph.: (713)
963-0043
Texas