Old 11-29-2007, 01:33 PM
"OOzy Pal"

Default Lost Grub menu for dual boot BT2 and Ubuntu

Hello,

I just installed Backtrack 2 for a dual boot operation but I don't
grub menu anymore. I still can access ubuntu partition from BT2

mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 ubuntu

BT2 is in sda4

How can fix the MBR

--
OOzy
Ubuntu-Gutsy (7.10)

Old 11-29-2007, 03:13 PM
"Kailesh MUSSAI"

Boot using the Ubuntu liveCD.

if your Ubuntu partition is not already mounted, use the same command
below.
> mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt
Then
> chroot /mnt
Check the device map
> cat /boot/grub/device.map
Run grub-install DEVICE
> grub-install ON-YOUR-DEVICE

That should do it.

Kailesh

Old 11-29-2007, 11:33 PM
James Takac

On Friday 30 November 2007 00:33:34 OOzy Pal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Backtrack 2 for a dual boot operation but I don't
> grub menu anymore. I still can access ubuntu partition from BT2
>
> mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 ubuntu
>
> BT2 is in sda4
>
> How can fix the MBR
>
> --