Old 11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Caleb Marcus

Default NVIDIA Graphics Card Installation

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:24 +0600, Angel wrote:

Caleb Marcus wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:01 +0600, Angel wrote:
>> How ill install my *NVIDIA Graphics Accelerator Port*?I got the NVIDIA
>> driver from the driver CD.Its a .run
>> file."*NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run*".All i know,the .run file is
>> a self-extracting archive.Now,how ill extract the file?Archive Manager
>> cant extract the file.My graphics cards *NVIDIA GeForce Fx 5200*
>> models,128 MB video memory.Hope now,some one can help me.
>>

> The correct way to install the nVidia driver is to go to
> System>Administration>Restricted Drivers Manager. It'll automatically
> download and install the correct version of the driver. Do not use the
> version downloaded from the site.
i tried to installed the driver from *System>Administration>Restricted
Drivers Manager*.but it says "The software source for the package
nvidia-glx-new is not enabled".now wat to do?

Go to System>Administration>Software Sources and check off "Proprietary drivers for devices (restricted)"

Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
David Duong

Caleb Marcus wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:24 +0600, Angel wrote:
>> Caleb Marcus wrote:
>> >>

>> > The correct way to install the nVidia driver is to go to
>> > System>Administration>Restricted Drivers Manager. It'll automatically
>> > download and install the correct version of the driver. Do not use the
>> > version downloaded from the site.
>> i tried to installed the driver from *System>Administration>Restricted
>> Drivers Manager*.but it says "The software source for the package
>> nvidia-glx-new is not enabled".now wat to do?
>>

> Go to System>Administration>Software Sources and check off
> "Proprietary drivers for devices (restricted)"
You should try this script called "Envy". It works great!!

http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

--
~ David Duong