Old 11-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Angel

Default NVIDIA Graphics Card Installation

How ill install my *NVIDIA Graphics Accelerator Port*?I got the NVIDIA
driver from the driver CD.Its a .run
file."*NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run*".All i know,the .run file is
a self-extracting archive.Now,how ill extract the file?Archive Manager
cant extract the file.My graphics cards *NVIDIA GeForce Fx 5200*
models,128 MB video memory.Hope now,some one can help me.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Caleb Marcus

How ill install my *NVIDIA Graphics Accelerator Port*?I got the NVIDIA
driver from the driver CD.Its a .run
file."*NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run*".All i know,the .run file is
a self-extracting archive.Now,how ill extract the file?Archive Manager
cant extract the file.My graphics cards *NVIDIA GeForce Fx 5200*
models,128 MB video memory.Hope now,some one can help me.

The correct way to install the nVidia driver is to go to System>Administration>Restricted Drivers Manager. It'll automatically download and install the correct version of the driver. Do not use the version downloaded from the site.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Angel

Caleb Marcus wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 15:01 +0600, Angel wrote:
>> How ill install my *NVIDIA Graphics Accelerator Port*?I got the NVIDIA
>> driver from the driver CD.Its a .run
>> file."*NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run*".All i know,the .run file is
>> a self-extracting archive.Now,how ill extract the file?Archive Manager
>> cant extract the file.My graphics cards *NVIDIA GeForce Fx 5200*
>> models,128 MB video memory.Hope now,some one can help me.
>>

> The correct way to install the nVidia driver is to go to
> System>Administration>Restricted Drivers Manager. It'll automatically
> download and install the correct version of the driver. Do not use the
> version downloaded from the site.
i tried to installed the driver from *System>Administration>Restricted
Drivers Manager*.but it says "The software source for the package
nvidia-glx-new is not enabled".now wat to do?