Old 11-29-2007, 05:56 AM
AlgoMantra

Default istanbul processing forever?

Heya,

I tried running Istanbul today on Gutsy. When it stops the recording,
the icon turns to a white cuboid and says 'in process of saving to disk'.
It stays that way forever, and I couldn't find the ogg file either.

Anybody dealt with this before?
--thanks..
------- * *-.-
1/f * ))) *--.
------- * *...
http://www.algomantra.com

Old 11-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Caleb Marcus

I tried running Istanbul today on Gutsy. When it stops the recording,

the icon turns to a white cuboid and says 'in process of saving to disk'.

It stays that way forever, and I couldn't find the ogg file either.

Anybody dealt with this before?

--thanks..

------- * *-.-

1/f * ))) *--.

------- * *...

http://www.algomantra.com

Yeah, Istanbul's never worked properly for me... try gtk-recordMyDesktop (it's in add/Remove, and the package name is gtk-recordmydesktop)

Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 AM
AlgoMantra

--
Thanks, Caleb.

Also, I think this solution too might be useful for others:
http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/06/08/how-to-create-a-screencast-in-ubuntu/

--
------- * *-.-
1/f * ))) *--.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
niel

On Thursday 29 November 2007 08.07.03 Caleb Marcus wrote:
> gtk-recordmydesktop)

I am using ubuntu 7.10

istanbul works perfekt for me.

Have been watching (and used) this list, and it seems (to me), that with
newest linux system (e.g. ubuntu 7.10) most programs are working - that a lot
of the problems are created, when people are using older linux versions -
development is going fast, and lots of bugs are being fixed ?? :-)

Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Caleb Marcus

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 20:53 +0100, niel wrote:

On Thursday 29 November 2007 08.07.03 Caleb Marcus wrote:
> gtk-recordmydesktop)

I am using ubuntu 7.10

istanbul works perfekt for me.

Have been watching (and used) this list, and it seems (to me), that with
newest linux system (e.g. ubuntu 7.10) most programs are working - that a lot
of the problems are created, when people are using older linux versions -
development is going fast, and lots of bugs are being fixed ?? :-)

I'm on 7.10 as well, and Istanbul doesn't work when I'm not recording the entire screen... recording the entire screen works fine, but recording a particular window or box drawn on the screen does not. However, it doesn't really matter, gtk-recordmydesktop works fine.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 PM
niel

On Thursday 29 November 2007 23.39.33 Caleb Marcus wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 20:53 +0100, niel wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 November 2007 08.07.03 Caleb Marcus wrote:
> > > gtk-recordmydesktop)
> >
> > I am using ubuntu 7.10
> >
> > istanbul works perfekt for me.
> >
> > Have been watching (and used) this list, and it seems (to me), that with
> > newest linux system (e.g. ubuntu 7.10) most programs are working - that a
> > lot of the problems are created, when people are using older linux
> > versions - development is going fast, and lots of bugs are being fixed ??
> > :-)
>
> I'm on 7.10 as well, and Istanbul doesn't work when I'm not recording
> the entire screen... recording the entire screen works fine, but
> recording a particular window or box drawn on the screen does not.
> However, it doesn't really matter, gtk-recordmydesktop works fine.

The area function in istanbul also works on my system :-)