Old 11-29-2007, 05:49 AM
Caleb Marcus

Default installing UBUNTU 7.10

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 12:38 +0600, Angel wrote:

I think it is batter idea,to unplug or disable your internet connection
before starting to install UBUNTU 7.10.Then there has no possibility to
freeze UBUNTU install.it can say a error after 82% completed.You ll just
click OK.Then it ll complete the install successfully.

I think this has something to do with Ubuntu trying to update the APT cache towards the end of the install process. It's a good idea, but the timeout is WAY too long, and they removed the "skip" button that used to show up during that step. The result is that if the server is slow or your network is having some sort of issue, the Ubuntu install will freeze for a LONG time.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Angel

i aM 4m Bangladesh.n aZ a south asian countrY,iTz very NormaL a sLow interNet cOnnEctIoN.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 PM
debian

im just wondering, How does having the internet connection plugged into
your computer interrupt the installation of ubuntu?

--cj

Old 11-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Caleb Marcus