Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Willis

Default Desktop publishing

I'm new to Ubuntu but I need a Desktop Publisher to move completely away
from Windows. I've looked but I can't seem to find one, any clues?

Old 11-29-2007, 03:59 AM
"H.S."

Willis wrote:
> I'm new to Ubuntu but I need a Desktop Publisher to move completely away
> from Windows. I've looked but I can't seem to find one, any clues?

You haven't given any specifications or requirements, but have you
looked at:
1. Openoffice.org
2. Koffice
3. Scribus
4. LaTeX

Good luck,
->HS

Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 AM
NoOp

On 11/28/2007 08:59 PM, H.S. wrote:
> Willis wrote:
>> I'm new to Ubuntu but I need a Desktop Publisher to move completely away
>> from Windows. I've looked but I can't seem to find one, any clues?
>>

> You haven't given any specifications or requirements, but have you
> looked at:
> 1. Openoffice.org
> 2. Koffice
> 3. Scribus
> 4. LaTeX
>
> Good luck,
> ->HS

And you might find this helpful as well:

http://www.linuxalt.com/

Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 AM
Willis

H.S. wrote:
> Willis wrote:
>
>> I'm new to Ubuntu but I need a Desktop Publisher to move completely away
>> from Windows. I've looked but I can't seem to find one, any clues?
>>

> You haven't given any specifications or requirements, but have you
> looked at:
> 1. Openoffice.org
> 2. Koffice
> 3. Scribus
> 4. LaTeX
>
> Good luck,
> ->HS

My primary purpose is to print covers for the cases of CD's and DVDs for
the church and others as needed. Thank you, Scribus will do the job
quite well.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 AM
debian

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 23:20 -0600, Willis wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
> > Willis wrote:
> >
> >> I'm new to Ubuntu but I need a Desktop Publisher to move completely away
> >> from Windows. I've looked but I can't seem to find one, any clues?
> >>

> > You haven't given any specifications or requirements, but have you
> > looked at:
> > 1. Openoffice.org
> > 2. Koffice
> > 3. Scribus
> > 4. LaTeX
> >
> > Good luck,
> > ->HS
> >

> My primary purpose is to print covers for the cases of CD's and DVDs for
> the church and others as needed. Thank you, Scribus will do the job
> quite well.

Openoffice.org should be good enough for that. If you want something
that is similar to ms publisher, use Scribus or OpenOffice Draw

--cj

Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
norman

> My primary purpose is to print covers for the cases of CD's and DVDs for
> the church and others as needed. Thank you, Scribus will do the job
> quite well.

I have printed covers and labels for CDs and DVDs and I found glabels a
very useful bit of software.

Norman