Old 11-29-2007, 03:22 AM
Chris

Default Sound preview in Nautilus 2.20.0

Can someone let me know what needs to be installed so that I get the
preview sound of MP3 files as I hover over them please?

--
Best regards,
Chris

See label for sequence.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:49 AM
ulrich

On Nov 29, 2007 5:22 AM, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:
> Can someone let me know what needs to be installed so that I get the
> preview sound of MP3 files as I hover over them please?
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Chris
>
> See label for sequence.

i think 'sudo apt-get install esd mpg123-esd vorbis-tools sox' will do it.

hope this helps

- ulrich

Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Chris

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:49:04 +0100
ulrich <good945@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2007 5:22 AM, Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:
> > Can someone let me know what needs to be installed so that I get the
> > preview sound of MP3 files as I hover over them please?
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Chris
> >
> > See label for sequence.
> >
> > --
> >

> i think 'sudo apt-get install esd mpg123-esd vorbis-tools sox' will
> do it.
>
> hope this helps
>
> - ulrich

Actually, no - it does not. After ensuring the above (except for esd
(apt-get has no idea what esd is)) all was installed yet still no sound
preview.

--
Best regards,
Chris

Cleanse area thoroughly before applying.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Janne Jokitalo

Chris wrote:
>> i think 'sudo apt-get install esd mpg123-esd vorbis-tools sox' will
>> do it.
>
> Actually, no - it does not. After ensuring the above (except for esd
> (apt-get has no idea what esd is)) all was installed yet still no sound
> preview.

Just a wild guess, try `sudo aptitude install esound`.

No idea whether that solves the previews issue or not.

--
Jaska

Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Chris

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:11:56 +0200
Janne Jokitalo <astraljava@kapsi.fi> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> >> i think 'sudo apt-get install esd mpg123-esd vorbis-tools sox' will
> >> do it.
> >
> > Actually, no - it does not. After ensuring the above (except for esd
> > (apt-get has no idea what esd is)) all was installed yet still no
> > sound preview.
>
> Just a wild guess, try `sudo aptitude install esound`.
>
> No idea whether that solves the previews issue or not.

Ah-ha! Installing ALSA (and it's utils) took care of that!
Now I'm a happy laptop-munkie!