Old 04-29-2008, 11:48 AM
"Edgars Šmits"

Default Hardy - changed Removable Drives and Media tabs?

Did a clean install of 32 bit Hardy to my Dell laptop and my wife's
eee PC, no real problems. However, it seems that the Removable Drives
and Media GUI is missing settings for "automount USB dives" and also
settings for my iPod and audio CD - whenever I plug in my 300 GB USB
drive it automatically mounts it (which is fine) but then Nautilus
opens and tries to list all 300 GB worth of music. I used to be able
to turn this annoying feature off, but it seems to be no longer there.
The same with my iPod - I run it from Amarok, but the minute I plug it
in up pops Music Player, and I can't find the tab where I used to turn
that off. This also happens with audio CD's - I only mount them once
to rip them with GRIP, but when I put in a CD it automatically starts
up the self-same Music Player.

Did I miss something? Were these moved elsewhere and I just haven't
stumpbled on them? These aren't showstopper's, just minor annoyances.
A real showstopper to me was the inclusion of Firefox beta 3, which
doesn't support Fox marks and many other addons that I use, Luckily I
was able to uninstall it and go back to my trusty old FF 2.

Cheers

ED

Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:48 +0300, Edgars ┼*mits wrote:
> However, it seems that the Removable Drives
> and Media GUI is missing settings for "automount USB dives" and also
> settings for my iPod and audio CD

Due to the integration of the new virtual filesystem (gvfs) in Nautilus,
these settings were moved to menu System > Preferences > File Management
> tab Media.

Unfortunately, the Removeable Drives and Media control panel still has
its old name, which is now wrong. IIRC there is a bug report open about
this.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 PM
"Edgars Šmits"

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Mario Vukelic
<mario.vukelic@dantian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:48 +0300, Edgars ┼*mits wrote:
> > However, it seems that the Removable Drives
> > and Media GUI is missing settings for "automount USB dives" and also
> > settings for my iPod and audio CD
>

> Due to the integration of the new virtual filesystem (gvfs) in Nautilus,
> these settings were moved to menu System > Preferences > File Management
> > tab Media.
>
> Unfortunately, the Removeable Drives and Media control panel still has
> its old name, which is now wrong. IIRC there is a bug report open about
> this.

Perfect. Thanks Mario!

ED

Old 04-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 15:09 +0300, Edgars ┼*mits wrote:
> Perfect. Thanks Mario!

Glad it helped. You're welcome