Old 04-29-2008, 12:15 AM
"michael wilson"

Default missing task bars on top and on the bottom of screen - cannot do anything

I installed 8.04 cleanly using Wubi.* I have been installing printers and trying some things to see how it all works.

I booted this morning and went into ubuntu and after I logged in noticed there were no launcher bars at the top or bottom of the screen. I could right click and do things from that menu, but could not run any programs because there was no launcher.* The few hot keys I remembered allowed me to open the terminal window, but I am not experienced enough to run programs without the launcher.

I deleted and reinstalled and we'll see.

Any ideas?

Mchael